+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Should the Premier League bail out the football league

Should the Premier League bail out the football league

For instance do the yanks at Swansea deserve any dough? They barely part with their own if they can help it.They only bought that club because they thought they'd make money.

What about Tan? He's a billionaire. Why would you give City any money?

They were just talking about it on Radio Wales. Interesting points.

The lower leagues yes but almost all championship teams are owned by wealthy men or groups aren't they? All scheming to get paid in the PL. A business. You wouldn't expect Tesco to bail out the co-op? Why should they revieve a hand out?

Or is that too simple? Obviously the PL have a ton of money and maybe it should be shared. Keep football vibrant but I could see why they wouldn't want to give Tan or the Venky's (are they still going?) or the bird that owns bet 365 at Stoke a single penny. They are hugely wealthy people.

Any thoughts on this?

Re: Should the Premier League bail out the football league

I think regardless of the owners own business shouldn't really be taken into consideration into the decision.

I don't see why one club should be penalised over another because an owner has been succesful in a different industry so needs to be consistent.

I think a fair amount would be a percentage or interest free loan of ticket revenue over so many years.

Some of these clubs run so badly its hard to have much sympathy. The PL hands out over 24 million a year to these clubs already as far as I know.

looks like the welsh FA are in dire straights too

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54394875

If I was a Premier League club I'd look at the value of some of the EPL owners and think why the hell should we bail them out. The lower league clubs is a different story though

Think it needs to be looked at on an individual club basis. Why should some of the charlatans involved in lower league clubs get bailed out?

People on here complaining about the likes of Bury and Macclesfield going to the wall and Gareth Bale earning 600 bags a week but they were owned by incompetent chancers. Look at the clowns they’ve had in charge of Bolton and Charlton in recent years. PL bailing out these clubs will just encourage more chancers to take the risk knowing they’ve got a safety net.

No.

Too many professional teams overspending and chasing a dream. I'd rather there be proper restrictions on what clubs can spend based and severe penalties for those that flout them.

Cut your cloth accordingly.

non-league & Grassroot clubs should be helped out, the EPL is awash with a obscene amount of money, yet out local clubs are really finding it hard, most of them are community run clubs and rely of a little money from match days and the club house, £25 K will mean the world to them

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    non-league & Grassroot clubs should be helped out, the EPL is awash with a obscene amount of money, yet out local clubs are really finding it hard, most of them are community run clubs and rely of a little money from match days and the club house, £25 K will mean the world to them
    Do agree , the greed is all about , look at Derby and its goings on , non league and grassroots should be helped , I do feel though for clubs like Newport who have just got back in the league the hard way perhaps some special cases for those clubs 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Do agree , the greed is all about , look at Derby and its goings on , non league and grassroots should be helped , I do feel though for clubs like Newport who have just got back in the league the hard way perhaps some special cases for those clubs 🤔
    Back in the league the hard way? Erm, I don’t think so.

A million quid to each of the clubs in the bottom two Divisions would probably go a long way to keeping them afloat, and wouldn't cost that much. In fact, £1m for League Two sides, and £2m for League One would cost £72m - less than a half-decent Premiership player.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    For instance do the yanks at Swansea deserve any dough? They barely part with their own if they can help it.They only bought that club because they thought they'd make money.

What about Tan? He's a billionaire. Why would you give City any money?

They were just talking about it on Radio Wales. Interesting points.

The lower leagues yes but almost all championship teams are owned by wealthy men or groups aren't they? All scheming to get paid in the PL. A business. You wouldn't expect Tesco to bail out the co-op? Why should they revieve a hand out?

Or is that too simple? Obviously the PL have a ton of money and maybe it should be shared. Keep football vibrant but I could see why they wouldn't want to give Tan or the Venky's (are they still going?) or the bird that owns bet 365 at Stoke a single penny. They are hugely wealthy people.

Any thoughts on this?
    Tesco don't loan out their staff to the co op so they can improve and sell them on at a higher price