Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    On the move?
    Loan move to his home club?

Re: Rabbi Matondo

Atalanta are interested

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Atalanta are interested
    Good move if true, Atalanta are a top 4 Serie A team.

Good move if he plays. I don't know anything about Matondo, not seen him play. He's a winger, Right? I have an innate distrust of out and out wide players as they're either in a game or they're not, there doesn't seem to be an in between unless they're intelligent, and most wide players aren't clever footballers. Hoilett has got a brain, knows when to come inside, drop off, take positions where he isn't isolated. The rest of the Wingers we've had over the past few years don't have much in terms of brain power. NML, Kadeem Harris, Josh Murphy, and i doesn't seem like Ojo has broken the mould.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Good move if he plays. I don't know anything about Matondo, not seen him play. He's a winger, Right? I have an innate distrust of out and out wide players as they're either in a game or they're not, there doesn't seem to be an in between unless they're intelligent, and most wide players aren't clever footballers. Hoilett has got a brain, knows when to come inside, drop off, take positions where he isn't isolated. The rest of the Wingers we've had over the past few years don't have much in terms of brain power. NML, Kadeem Harris, Josh Murphy, and i doesn't seem like Ojo has broken the mould.
    I've seen him play centrally for Schalke.

I've seen him play centrally for Schalke.
    Encouraging then. He has a much better chance of developing as a footballer if he can operate inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Encouraging then. He has a much better chance of developing as a footballer if he can operate inside.
    Schalke are currently losing 3-0 to a team playing without a recognised striker. The game is moving on due to managers such as Nagelsmann who have the ability to think outside of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Atalanta are interested
    That could be a great move. Certainly a club who has impressed over past couple of seasons whereas Schalke seem to be a bit of a mess at the moment, even though their USA twitter page is fantastic.

Gluey will know better than me, but whenever I've seen Matondo playing for Schalke lately it's looked like he's struggling, he's not struck me as being close to the standards of an Italian Champions League side - Schalke have been poor virtually every time I've seen them recently mind.

Matondo used to play through the middle quite often for our Academy team when I watched him, but I think he was exclusively used as a winger by Wales at age group level and he was definitely effective when he played out wide then.

Atalanta are a tremendous team this season. Free scoring and like to get their wide men / forwards involved at every opportunity. If he goes there and plays it would be a great move.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Gluey will know better than me, but whenever I've seen Matondo playing for Schalke lately it's looked like he's struggling, he's not struck me as being close to the standards of an Italian Champions League side - Schalke have been poor virtually every time I've seen them recently mind.

Matondo used to play through the middle quite often for our Academy team when I watched him, but I think he was exclusively used as a winger by Wales at age group level and he was definitely effective when he played out wide then.
    I like Schalke, they have embraced Matondo and Wales, but it's fair to say they have been struggling for any kind of consistency and look very disjointed. I don't think it's only Matondo who has struggled.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I like Schalke, they have embraced Matondo and Wales, but it's fair to say they have been struggling for any kind of consistency and look very disjointed. I don't think it's only Matondo who has struggled.
    They've got a new manager haven't they?

Atalanta won 5-2 today, they are top of the league and have scored 13 goals in 3 games.

They've got a new manager haven't they?
    Wiki tells me it's Manuel Baum who follows Bayern manager from national youth(ish) team to Bundersliga.

Ish: 7 games in total in charge of Germany youth team. Before that he had 87 games in charge of FC Augsburg with 28% winning percentage....risky.

I reckon its time Rabbi came home, tell him to stop in Turin on the way to pick up Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I reckon its time Rabbi came home, tell him to stop in Turin on the way to pick up Aaron

Good idea, Atalanta can have Albert Adomah instead

If he signs for us perhaps we can tempt him with 20% off in the club shop, and his immediate family , on a serious note exposure with us would be good for him and Wales , would he be a pick each week though