Thread: Daniel James

Daniel James

To Leeds?

Re: Daniel James

Good move for him. He's way down the pecking order at Man U now

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Good move for him. He's way down the pecking order at Man U now
    Way down? He’s normally on the bench! but I agree it would be a good move for his Wales career.

He was going to Leeds about 18 months ago for £10m but the deal fell through at the last minute - then went to Utd for £15m.

James and Bamford would be a good combination.

James looks miles behind technically when looking at other United players.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    James and Bamford would be a good combination.
    😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Way down? He’s normally on the bench! but I agree it would be a good move for his Wales career.
    If Man U weren't looking to buy I'd agree but I can't see him making the bench should they sign a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    I don't think that he'll be considering his Wales options when or if he signs for Leeds and receives a nice little pay rise and signing on fee.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    If Man U weren't looking to buy I'd agree but I can't see him making the bench should they sign a few more.
    I get what you're saying, They taken a look and he isn't the answer. He's a good player, ridiculous pace over thirty metres, but lacks that little bit of composure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I get what you're saying, They taken a look and he isn't the answer. He's a good player, ridiculous pace over thirty metres, but lacks that little bit of composure.
    Man Utd don't really play with wingers anymore, Rashford & Greenwood could easily play as main strikers.

Yeah needs to work massively on his final product

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Man Utd don't really play with wingers anymore, Rashford & Greenwood could easily play as main strikers.
    Although he's an option i guess. See my post below in reply to you in the Matondo thread. Out and out wide players without no other attributes can become a liability.

Bit of a ‘one trick pony’ unfortunately, and not the best attitude.

Although he's an option i guess. See my post below in reply to you in the Matondo thread. Out and out wide players without no other attributes can become a liability.
    Leeds have just brought on a winger, let's see if Bamford gets better service.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    not the best attitude.
    what's this based on?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    what's this based on?
    Him being a bit dull ?

They said that about Ronaldo

Daniel James came to prominence on basis of his speed, his work-rate, the goals he scored cutting inside and the crosses he made for McBurnie. If you remember his first few games for Manchester United the pundits talked about how many good crosses he put in but no one was there to get on the end of them.

At Manchester United he's been played on the wrong side, without a striker to cross to (in his most recent minutes he was the lone player in the box with Martial and Rashford drifting outside) and in a system that values technique over pace. If you look at twitter, the arrival of Cavani produce comments saying Cavani can teach Rashford and Marital to head the ball and they now need a player to deliver crosses...

A move to Leeds does seem to be a move to an environment where his strengths will be used more and where there are more supporters than internet "fans".

Him being a bit dull ?
    So, nothing then. You're just having a dig at a young Welsh player about something you've totally made up. Top work

I can't say that I've ever seen anything to back you up. He seems a bit of a quiet lad, that's all. No problem with that.

MUFC 25-man Champions League squad: De Gea, Henderson, Grant, Bailly, Fosu-Mensah, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw, Telles, Tuanzebe, Wan-Bissaka, Fernandes, Fred, James, Lingard, Mata, Matic, McTominay, Pellistri, Pogba, Van de Beek, Cavani, Ighalo, Martial, Rashford