+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Leeds v Man City

Leeds v Man City

Tyler Roberts starting after being subbed at half-time v Sheffield United.

Re: Leeds v Man City

Men against boys at the minute

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Men against boys at the minute
    Or billions v millions

Tyler Roberts having a good game considering the opposition.

1-1

Ederson

Much more even game now.

I take no pleasure in saying this but Leeds look good.

I can see why Bielsa is interested in James, they look much better with a wide player, and Bamford is a bit of old school striker, with Rodrigo feeding off the scraps.

Great game now

A Cracking game...Leeds doing really well...good manager.

Man City have become very predictable.
    De Breuyne has looked quite ordinary last 2 games.
    Credit to (dirty) Leeds though.

Leeds should have won that fair play

We did better against Man City at home in our first season back in the top flight albeit in red, look how that season panned out, at least the failure hastened the return to blue. Perhaps it’ll turn out the same for dirty Leeds and they’ll be back in blue and yellow next season ............ can’t see it though, the terrible Tykes look well prepared, organised and at home in the Premier League, it pains me to say. I’d have loved to have seen them cave in.

Man City when they are on top of their game are almost unplayable but the indications are that like last season, their aura of invincibility is gradually disappearing. When a game starts turning against them like it did last week and to a certain extent did against Leeds, they seem incapable of coming up with an answer.

With David Silva and Kompany gone, Aguero aging and permanently injured, Fernandinho now mid 30's, I don't expect them to be as formidable as in the recent past and will be surprised if they mount a sustainable challenge to Liverpool this season.

As for Leeds, I don't want to go there ! Aaarrggghh !

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Man City when they are on top of their game are almost unplayable but the indications are that like last season, their aura of invincibility is gradually disappearing. When a game starts turning against them like it did last week and to a certain extent did against Leeds, they seem incapable of coming up with an answer.
    I think the main reason for their problems at the moment is simple to spot - no striker. With both Aguero and Gabriel Jesus missing, their attacks are often petering out in and around the penalty area. It was noticeable last night how infrequently players like De Bruyne, Sterling and Mahrez were getting the ball into the box from wide areas - something they normally do without hesitation. Their build-up play was often good but it had no focal point.

Aguero has been a phenomenal player for Man City and Gabriel Jesus has often proved a capable deputy. Without those two they look a shadow of the team that has been capable of tearing teams to pieces so often in the past.

Great game last night, though. Very entertaining.

Looking like a good away point