+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I went to watch CCFC today for the first time in months

I went to watch CCFC today for the first time in months

And it was very enjoyable. FA Cup 2nd round qualifying:

Corinthian Casuals 2 Dulwich Hamlet 2 (1-2 after pens)

I think that the Isthmian League is the highest level of competitive football that allows crowds at the moment. A crowd of 500 is twice the average attendance and that is without any away fans (Dulwich play in a higher league and so their fans couldn’t attend which is a bit hard)

Good game though.

Re: I went to watch CCFC today for the first time in months

Corinthian Casuals a blast from the past along with Bishop Auckland. 2 very good amateur sides from the 50’s and early 60’s

They have links with Corinthians in Brazil and have been there several times on tour. The last time they went there and played them, Socrates played a half for each team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

I think that the Isthmian League is the highest level of competitive football that allows crowds at the moment. A crowd of 500 is twice the average attendance and that is without any away fans (Dulwich play in a higher league and so their fans couldn’t attend which is a bit hard)

Good game though.
    Bit heartless BD, posting on a MB whose city is in lockdown.
    What I wouldn't give to be out in the fresh air watching a game of football, any standard!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

Good game though.
    lucky bugger loved to go to a game ,any game

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Bit heartless BD, posting on a MB whose city is in lockdown.
    What I wouldn't give to be out in the fresh air watching a game of football, any standard!
    Sorry :-(

My first real game in months and I suspect from the crowd, many others too. Incidentally very few people were wearing masks (crowd not players....) which seemed odd seeing as they took the temp of everyone entering the ground.

It was good though to be watching football at 3PM on a Sat although it will always be a poor substitute for watching Cardiff City (I find myself constantly checking my phone) - but who knows when I’ll next get the chance to do that.

I thought that there would be a bigger rush towards non-league football for people to get their fix of live football 🤷*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    They have links with Corinthians in Brazil and have been there several times on tour. The last time they went there and played them, Socrates played a half for each team.
    There is an excellent BT Sport film of when they visited Brazil recently and played Corinthians in the inaugural game at their new stadium (topping a fans poll that included Chelsea and Real Madrid as possible opponents!)

WELL worth a watch. And such a truly historied club. Great viewing.