Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Thought you meant the pub
    Me too

Re: Paddle Steamer

I did, only just read it

I thought we signed Paddie Steamer from Finn Harps

The place is an eye sore along with it's adjoining buildings ie accomodation.
    Better off flattening the place and building a new community centre as part of the redevelopment

International

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    The place is an eye sore along with it's adjoining buildings ie accomodation.
    Better off flattening the place and building a new community centre as part of the redevelopment
    I agree. People need somewhere to go and meet and the plans should include a replacement building or space but it doesn't have to be a disused pub.
    The article refers to it as part of the heritage of the area but that is bull***t. It was built by Hancocks (I believe) as a show pub, a little like the Master Gunner in Gabalfa was, at the same time as the council replaced the horizontal slum of Lauden Square with the present vertical one. It fell into disuse firstly because of the trouble that occurred there and later as the community became more muslim/non drink orientated and it became unviable. Being used as it has was/is a benefit to the community but the building itself needs to go.
    Make them build a new purpose built one to replace it. (And before they knock the old one down too!!!!!)