+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harris OUT!

Re: Harris OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think Harris's hands have been tied somewhat. We're doing the exact same cost cutting exercise that Slade was brought in to do in preparation for the loss of parachute payments. Harris is trying to get us to play some football at least and that work is going to take some time. I don't think it's the way forward with this group of players, who, every time they play a longer, more direct game look more effective.

He got an average side into the playoffs last season from a position where few thought it was possible. True, Warnock reckoned that's where we would finish, but we certainly wouldn't have done so under him last season, while some of his transfers have tied our hands behind our back.

Having said that, there's something to be said about a manager who doesn't play to a team's strengths. If we want a better passing game we need players to do that job. Nothing will convince me that our midfield is remotely capable of being an effective, creative passing unit, especially without Tomlin. What's the answer? Go back to hoofball? Do we want some success even if we get fed up of the football or do we want to see some transition towards a more possession based game, even if we get fed up of the football?

If it was up to me I'd scrap the Warnockball project now, have a season of adjustment where we learn how to keep the ball. I don't mean tippy tappy, passing for the sake of passing, but time for our midfield to play football. It's been so long since that happened, to make that adjustment isn't going to happen overnight.

I'm not convinced about Harris but I'm more concerned about the lack of direction from above. If Harris can get all aspects of the club singing from the same hymn sheet then he'll have done well. There's no use having an under 23s side that can play football then try them out in a long ball side. The club needs a structure where all age groups are doing the same thing so they can make easier transitions. As an example, could you imagine having a top striker at under 23 level who is used to a side that plays a passing game, ball to feet, then gets picked for the first team and spends an hour trying to win flick ons? A co-ordinated effort I think it's called.
    Good post (not dissimilar to mine in the match thread).
    Just a shame it was posted in such a joke low value thread.

I've not seen any evidence of a change of style or us trying to play football other than some nonsense passing.

What's the former Wigan manager doing? He seemed to actually use youth instead of pretending he does.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    What's the former Wigan manager doing? He seemed to actually use youth instead of pretending he does.
    So, for the avoidance of doubt, you're suggesting that Harris must put youngsters into the team.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Good post (not dissimilar to mine in the match thread).
    Just a shame it was posted in such a joke low value thread.
    I know. I'm used to raising the standard on here.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I've not seen any evidence of a change of style or us trying to play football other than some nonsense passing.
    Then you haven't paid much attention.

Full backs are involved more, we are actually pressing rather than having our players stick man to man, trying to move the ball on the floor (this is difficult with the midfielders we have) rather than hit and hope.

It's not the most fluid but I'll take it over what Warnock was serving in his final 15 months

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Was well happy with a point and a clean sheet today especially after going down to 10 men. The two loan players I though played well, Cunningham had a dodgy start but come good. I can only see us improving over the next couple of months. Keep the Faith ⚽️
    yep , we played a side who in the last two games have scored a lot of goals without conceding any , Tomlin's petulance didn't help anyone, early days, and I do think we are more fluid going forward if Holiets shot goes in its game on

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post

Full backs are involved more, we are actually pressing rather than having our players stick man to man, trying to move the ball on the floor (this is difficult with the midfielders we have) rather than hit and hope.

It's not the most fluid but I'll take it over what Warnock was serving in his final 15 months
    Guess you missed the attacking display in the 2-0 win at Man Utd.

This clown goes to Northampton and gets battered 3-0, with a squad around £30 worth.

The blokes clueless!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    What’s the matter babes? Not getting enough attention on your Ronnie Bird account?
    Why don’t you put your money where your mouth is, that this is my only account.

£100 to the charity of the winners choice.

Come on, back up your statement?

We all know you won’t, because you just talk inane rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    £100 charity bet available for you too, Juninho?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Have a day off mate, did Neil Harris shag your missus or something.
    No chance of that, because if you’ve been watching any Neil Harris side, they lack penetration, struggle to get in the box, can’t finish and rarely score! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post

This clown goes to Northampton and gets battered 3-0, with a squad around £30 worth.

The blokes clueless!
    30 quid no wonder we lost

The blokes clueless!
    The attacking display when we were already relegated after spending the season rolling over for all the other big clubs? The attacking display centered around a player that Warnock shipped out on loan that offseason? That attacking display?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The attacking display when we were already relegated after spending the season rolling over for all the other big clubs? The attacking display centered around a player that Warnock shipped out on loan that offseason? That attacking display?
    Yeah, the season where one bad referee decision against Chelsea, would probably have kept us up.

I’d take Warnock over this clown, every day.

Just compare the CV’s!

Why don’t you put your money where your mouth is, that this is my only account.

£100 to the charity of the winners choice.

Come on, back up your statement?

We all know you won’t, because you just talk inane rubbish.
    Funny, Ronnie Bird often used to respond in much the same way when someone accused him of having multiple accounts as well - must be a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Funny, Ronnie Bird often used to respond in much the same way when someone accused him of having multiple accounts as well - must be a coincidence.
    Yes but Ronnie's posts were always about 500 words long.

No chance of that, because if you’ve been watching any Neil Harris side, they lack penetration, struggle to get in the box, can’t finish and rarely score! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post

Agreed, especially about the full backs. Under Warnock they'd never overlap, in fact they'd get nose bleeds if they crossed the half way line. Look at our squad and players, we are in a period of transition, some fans may not like it but tough shit, we can't buy instant success.

Yeah, the season where one bad referee decision against Chelsea, would probably have kept us up.

Just compare the CV’s!
    If you're not prepared to get behind the manager of your football team, to give him a fair amount of time to deliver; may I suggest you suck up your bitterness and anger and put your energy into something worthwhile.

We're very unlikely to get promoted with the team we currently have. Covid means that splashing cash on players is very unlikely, so life would be much easier if you accepted these facts and took up some kind of meditation.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    £100 charity bet available for you to?

Maybe if you stopped chucking everybody hundreds you wouldn't be so desperate to get your season ticket money back

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Maybe if you stopped chucking everybody hundreds you wouldn't be so desperate to get your season ticket money back

It's pretty easy to throw around £100 bets when the burden of proof is on others.

In hindsight (I say hindsight but what I really mean is during this game) it was so annoying watching us play the rags off the park with a fine attacking display when the previous few months we were so cautious and prone to waving the white flag. Very frustrating.

Just compare the CV’s!
    Yes, it was the linesman against Chelsea that cost us relegation, not failing to bring in a decent striker, or failing to win any of our first 9 matches, or conceding too many goals, or not grinding out enough draws etc