+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harris OUT!

Re: Harris OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    In hindsight (I say hindsight but what I really mean is during this game) it was so annoying watching us play the rags off the park with a fine attacking display when the previous few months we were so cautious and prone to waving the white flag. Very frustrating.
    It's also worth mentioning that Man Utd's season was over, so was ours. They played like it was. We had freedom after relegation. Had that game been a week earlier, we'd have never played that way. It was a bit like putting a cherry on a dog shit

We seem to have come down and acknowledged that we're competing for 5th or 6th place at best while also making moves to have more sustainable success in the longer term. Is Harris doing enough to hit that new target? Think we're three players off it but one of those is the gap caused by NML's departure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Yeah, the season where one bad referee decision against Chelsea, would probably have kept us up.

I’d take Warnock over this clown, every day.

Just compare the CV’s!
    Neil Harris has never been sacked.

Warnock also has plenty of relegations on his CV.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes, it was the linesman against Chelsea that cost us relegation, not failing to bring in a decent striker, or failing to win any of our first 9 matches, or conceding too many goals, or not grinding out enough draws etc
    And not selecting Decordova-Reid for the Fulham game!

In hindsight (I say hindsight but what I really mean is during this game) it was so annoying watching us play the rags off the park with a fine attacking display when the previous few months we were so cautious and prone to waving the white flag. Very frustrating.
    Around two years two to the day before Leeds gave Man City such a good game last night, we played Pep's team down here and they barely raised a sweat in winning 5-0 against a timid opponent who were beaten before a ball was kicked it seemed to me. True, the Man City side we faced looks quite a bit stronger than the current one based on what we've seen so far this season, but when you look at the Leeds side on paper, is it really that much stronger than ours was against Man City?

For me, there are still players at Leeds who were pretty ordinary Championship performers before Bielsa arrived, their success, and that of their current team mates, has an awful lot to do with their frame of mind. With hindsight, too many were taken in by Neil Warnock's "plucky little Cardiff" act and, certainly for the first couple of months of 18/19it seemed that fans and players alike felt we had no right to be in the Premier League - Warnock did superbly to get us up and deserves credit for putting together a squad which really could have survived that season, but with that attitude and things like his negativity and bizarre selection at already relegated Fulham, he held us back that season.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Maybe if you stopped chucking everybody hundreds you wouldn't be so desperate to get your season ticket money back
    I’m not chucking a penny, read the posts.

A charity would be benefitting by £300.

But these three don’t have the balls to back up their posts.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It's pretty easy to throw around £100 bets when the burden of proof is on others.
    If you make an accusation in life, and are called out, yes, you need to prove it.

I’m sure Mike Morris could settle it, if they’d like to take up my charity bet offer.

They won’t, because they are wrong.

I only post under one account.

Spot on.

The team selection and performance at already relegated Fulham, was awful.

They were there for the taking, we could have scored three in the last five minutes.

But Warnock is far and away a better manager than Harris will ever be.

Neil Harris has never been sacked.

Warnock also has plenty of relegations on his CV.
    Harris left Millwall by ‘mutual consent’ = Sacked.

The supporters couldn’t wait to see the back of him, Millwall improved to almost make the Playoffs under Rowatt.

One fortunate promotion on his CV, via the Playoffs.

Warnock, the most promotions in this country’s football history.

I have no doubt we’d have made the Playoffs under him last season, we had one if the strongest squads in the division, he has great experience at this level.

I’ll let the record books and people with an ounce of common sense decide who’s the better manager.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I agree.

Healey FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    For me, there are still players at Leeds who were pretty ordinary Championship performers before Bielsa arrived, their success, and that of their current team mates, has an awful lot to do with their frame of mind. With hindsight, too many were taken in by Neil Warnock's "plucky little Cardiff" act and, certainly for the first couple of months of 18/19it seemed that fans and players alike felt we had no right to be in the Premier League - Warnock did superbly to get us up and deserves credit for putting together a squad which really could have survived that season, but with that attitude and things like his negativity and bizarre selection at already relegated Fulham, he held us back that season.
    I agree.

I would have moved Warnock upstairs as soon as we were promoted, as he’s been shown to be a serial failure at the top level, and there was an inevitability about what happened.

I’d have tried to get Bilic in.

X[QUOTE=Eric the Half a Bee;5123132]It's also worth mentioning that Man Utd's season was over, so was ours. They played like it was. We had freedom after relegation. Had that game been a week earlier, we'd have never played that way. It was a bit like putting a cherry on a dog shit[/QUOTE

The season’s positions in the table may have been already resolved but I won’t have it that Man Utd more or less let us win, they played the way they did because our performance dictated it. Yes, we played with the freedom of a doomed side but we were looking doomed before this game so why didn’t Warnock play with less caution in previous games? OK Man Utd weren’t the power of old but they were still comfortably in 6th place, not to be sniffed at, and were a more formidable unit than some of the teams that we threw the towel in against. Fulham away was a managerial disgrace, what were the stats? 6 shots on goal, all after their late winner when we decided to have a go, bloody scandalous, and that’s just one instance of our over cautious, plucky little Cardiff persona........against Fulham for f*ck’s sake!!!!!!

Strange thread didn't anyone notice our end of season results last year , did we make the play offs , didn't folk say " this is better football no so much hoof ball " "" hey Harris has got Tomlin Nelson , Smithies playing well "" ??

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Just watched him play (apparently) against Wolves. Very poor, a bit over-rated

[QUOTE=splott parker;5123181]X
    It's also worth mentioning that Man Utd's season was over, so was ours. They played like it was. We had freedom after relegation. Had that game been a week earlier, we'd have never played that way. It was a bit like putting a cherry on a dog shit[/QUOTE

The season’s positions in the table may have been already resolved but I won’t have it that Man Utd more or less let us win, they played the way they did because our performance dictated it. Yes, we played with the freedom of a doomed side but we were looking doomed before this game so why didn’t Warnock play with less caution in previous games? OK Man Utd weren’t the power of old but they were still comfortably in 6th place, not to be sniffed at, and were a more formidable unit than some of the teams that we threw the towel in against. Fulham away was a managerial disgrace, what were the stats? 6 shots on goal, all after their late winner when we decided to have a go, bloody scandalous, and that’s just one instance of our over cautious, plucky little Cardiff persona........against Fulham for f*ck’s sake!!!!!!
    Don’t get me wrong I still have the ultimate respect for the way Warnock dragged us up by our bootlaces, fantastic times which I’ll never forget but him and him alone buggered up any chance we had of Premier League survival. For such an outspoken and enthusiastic man the Premier League weirdly makes him melt unfortunately. It must grate on him that he will always be regarded as a top flight failure despite his many promotions, just bloody annoying that our club were one of the victims of his success/immediately followed by failure situations.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Just watched him play (apparently) against Wolves. Very poor, a bit over-rated

A bit more about him than Rhys Healey though in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Then you haven't paid much attention.

Full backs are involved more, we are actually pressing rather than having our players stick man to man, trying to move the ball on the floor (this is difficult with the midfielders we have) rather than hit and hope.

It's not the most fluid but I'll take it over what Warnock was serving in his final 15 months
    And the end result is usually hit and hope. You only have to look at the goals (or lack of) this season. The football is just as bad to watch boarding on worse.

I agree.

I would have moved Warnock upstairs as soon as we were promoted, as he’s been shown to be a serial failure at the top level, and there was an inevitability about what happened.

I’d have tried to get Bilic in.
    What would Warnock's job have been when he "moved upstairs"?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Strange thread didn't anyone notice our end of season results last year , did we make the play offs , didn't folk say " this is better football no so much hoof ball " "" hey Harris has got Tomlin Nelson , Smithies playing well "" ??
    Bluebird23 first turned up on here calling for Harris to go in January. They went a bit quiet after that, but reappeared after we lost the play-off semi-final.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    What would Warnock's job have been when he "moved upstairs"?
    Laying out the ‘jamas on everybody’s bed and filling the hot water bottles in the winter months.

she's not even been elected...yet

[QUOTE=splott parker;5123181]X
    It's also worth mentioning that Man Utd's season was over, so was ours. They played like it was. We had freedom after relegation. Had that game been a week earlier, we'd have never played that way. It was a bit like putting a cherry on a dog shit[/QUOTE

I’m not chucking a penny, read the posts.

A charity would be benefitting by £300.

But these three don’t have the balls to back up their posts.
    Go away you turd

Harris left Millwall by ‘mutual consent’ = Sacked.

The supporters couldn’t wait to see the back of him, Millwall improved to almost make the Playoffs under Rowatt.

One fortunate promotion on his CV, via the Playoffs.

Warnock, the most promotions in this country’s football history.

I have no doubt we’d have made the Playoffs under him last season, we had one if the strongest squads in the division, he has great experience at this level.

I’ll let the record books and people with an ounce of common sense decide who’s the better manager.
    Long on opinion. Short on facts.

Long on opinion. Short on facts.
    Anyone who tries to put Harris managerial ‘achievements’, up against Warnock’s, is deluded!