+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 4am - Sky Sports Football. Another City playoff classic

4am - Sky Sports Football. Another City playoff classic

The Blackpool final for those who are interested.

Re: 4am - Sky Sports Football. Another City playoff classic

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The Blackpool final for those who are interested.
    I'd rather put pins in my eyes than watch that. Never watched it back, don't think I ever will.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I'd rather put pins in my eyes than watch that. Never watched it back, don't think I ever will.
    I've always been of that opinion, but I have scheduled it to record. I think it's time for me to work out whether it was as bad as I remember or not.

oh I can't, great piss up , dreadful outcome day

I've always been of that opinion, but I have scheduled it to record. I think it's time for me to work out whether it was as bad as I remember or not.
    That game and the Wales Portugal game are two that stand out that I've never watched back. I have the Portugal game on my Sky+ during lockdown but I can't bring myself to watch it.

That game and the Wales Portugal game are two that stand out that I've never watched back. I have the Portugal game on my Sky+ during lockdown but I can't bring myself to watch it.
    I watched that Portugal game back. We were rabbits caught in the headlights. I think the realisation of what we could have achieved hit home. Bale tried to take them on on his own once we were 2-0 down and couldn't.

Never seen it (apart from on the hot as hell day) - Never will

I was there, paid 495 euros for my ticket.

On the day outside touts we’re selling them for 80 euros, couldn’t give them away.

Never in the game, losing Ramsey and Ben Davies, made a big difference.

Though I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone jump so high to head a ball from a virtual standing start, as Ronaldo did for his goal.

Can't and won't watch it, just so frustrating as we should have won but fate conspired against us. Granted my memories of the day are tainted by more alcohol than I should have consumed in a month.

The Wales v Portugal one is another I can't watch along with the Stoke playoff game at Ninian.

Eliminated from my memory !

It didn't really happen, it was a nightmare (in all senses)

Same never watched it.

If the highlights came on id turn over.

Couldn't care less about Portugal. We massively overachieved and they were better than us.

I watched that Portugal game back. We were rabbits caught in the headlights. I think the realisation of what we could have achieved hit home. Bale tried to take them on on his own once we were 2-0 down and couldn't.
    Both very unpleasant memories. With Blackpool it was the dashing of so much optimism, whereas Lyon always seemed like a long shot, especially without Ramsey. At least after Wembley I could get home quickly and wallow in pity with a cigar in the comfort of my own garden, rather than the nightmare 2.5 hour trek we had back to our hotel in Lyon.

I might watch it, in the hope that Bothroyd doesn't limp off after 8 minutes this time!.

Same here

Is it on cartch up. ?