+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lockdown/Mental Health

Re: Lockdown/Mental Health

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    100%

This pursuit of perfection is extremely worrying. Social media has taken the old phrase "keeping up with the Joneses" to crazy levels.
    ditto

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    There was a cartoon in one of the papers where joke was about choosing to take a break from being well informed in order to stay sane. I wouldn't suggest switching off completely forever but definitely agree with taking a break.
    People not being well informed is what they want. That's how you got Boris and Brexit. That's how we got Trump.

His best mate also committed suicide in the summer. It’s a worrying trend amongst younger people it seems, and I do think social media plays it’s part.
    Terrible

There was a spate of suicides among the young in bridgend several years ago

Men under 45 are very vulnerable to suicide

It was probably the moustache, or maybe the flared trousers. Easily confused for a Yorkshireman.
    I was dressed in a blue hoodie

Jeans

White trainers, ccfc pin badge

When I showed him that he said we are here to the business are you in ? I said I am just going to get some money out of the bank, see you later and then mingled in with the shoppers in boots

Hard-core

100%

This pursuit of perfection is extremely worrying. Social media has taken the old phrase "keeping up with the Joneses" to crazy levels.
    Yeah and to top it off the Jones’ they are aiming to keep up with are mainly faking it on social media, trying to make themselves look minted or having the best time ever, it’s by and large total BS. I’ve known idiots like it, driving around in a Porsche boxter they don’t own, in clothes they bought on the credit card they can’t pay off, anything to present an image of wealth. Unfortunately the young and impressionable fall for it.