Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
This is a good subject to talk about. I suppose it depends on a lot of individual things. For me, it's the uncertainty. I see myself as quite spontaneous yet i do like an element of certainty in my life, things to look forward to that make life that little bit easier. I keep myself busy, whether working, running, doing stuff on the house etc. It's when i'm not mentally occupied that the anxiety can kick in a little. It's not just missing out on things though. Seeing youngsters having to adjust massively and the elderly and vulnerable having to take into account this situation at this stage in their life is totally shit. It's not pleasant to see collective behaviour, enjoyment etc, stifled so drastically.
keeping the mind active as a distraction is as you say so important , I have been sorting out my cd collection , getting my vinyl ready to sell , giving old clothes to the homeless , walking .....because I am a useless runner and look like an idiot in clowns shoes ......tidying my fishing tackle ready for the winter , phoning friends , taking unused books to the ty hafan charity shop .

But for others , especially the very vulnerable that isn't possible