+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lockdown/Mental Health

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Lockdown/Mental Health

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Gabriel or Jones? Nice of you to remember. It was a momentous occasion, as was the cup final.

Kind of you to list the various helplines. Hope you're keeping well.
    I was eating a burger . I felt a strange entity had arrived .

The helplines are very good , I use the CALM one frequently .

Financially and physically I've nothing at all to feel depressed about, however the relentless, never-ending diet of gloom, threats, warnings, instructions, restrictions, statistics, all start to weigh heavily on you, even if you are able to 'work around them'. What I will say is a lot of posts on this thread about depression, organizations that can help, which is fine, but there's a big difference between being low and depressed at times, and actually suffering from something that you need to seek help for. Many a day the Mrs and I have spells where we feel genuinely down, anxious about 'nothing', etc., but - as others have said - being outdoors especially, is a wonderful medicine. Maybe if you live in Cardiff and want to go for a walk over Barry Island you should do it - the adrenaline rush of not knowing if a prat in a high viz jacket is going to question you, may do you the world of good..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Financially and physically I've nothing at all to feel depressed about, however the relentless, never-ending diet of gloom, threats, warnings, instructions, restrictions, statistics, all start to weigh heavily on you, even if you are able to 'work around them'. What I will say is a lot of posts on this thread about depression, organizations that can help, which is fine, but there's a big difference between being low and depressed at times, and actually suffering from something that you need to seek help for. Many a day the Mrs and I have spells where we feel genuinely down, anxious about 'nothing', etc., but - as others have said - being outdoors especially, is a wonderful medicine. Maybe if you live in Cardiff and want to go for a walk over Barry Island you should do it - the adrenaline rush of not knowing if a prat in a high viz jacket is going to question you, may do you the world of good..
    Very true , fresh air , healthy eating , sleep, walks are great

But depression and anxiety as illnesses need to be treated by doctors with medication if suggested . For those who suffer repeated episodes a referral to a psychiatrist might be needed as they are the experts in this field .

The self help and phonelines are useful but if depression is a long term problem in your life you need expert help , starting with your gp .

Take care everyone , if I can point someone in the right direction I will

Bluebirds ! Bluebirds !