+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody recognize him?

Anybody recognize him?

Re: Anybody recognize him?

Subs Bench?

Has that been colourised (or given as much colour as the 70s would allow)? I think this pic has been on here before and someone said they were in the photo but not the guy asleep. There are probably a couple of people in that photo who would've remembered the FA cup win - possibly not that interesting but it boggled my mind a tad when I realised that.

Marty Mcfly? He come back from the future and has been watching Neil Warnocks Cardiff.

I had a ST in the Canton at that time. Cant see myself in the pic though. 🤒

City v Bolton Wanderers 26/04/1975. The photo appeared in the Western Mail on the following Monday. I'm the bloke with long hair,looking away from the pitch, sitting a few rows behind the Bolton fan sleeping on the front bench.

Its Gareth Bale

Quote Originally Posted by Grievous Angel View Post
    City v Bolton Wanderers 26/04/1975. The photo appeared in the Western Mail on the following Monday. I'm the bloke with long hair,looking away from the pitch, sitting a few rows behind the Bolton fan sleeping on the front bench.
    Had he had a leathering ?

Scroll down a bit from 70s man and there's some wonderful footage of a snowball fight in Lyon some 124 years ago, it's been colourised and enhanced. There's some fantastic shooting and an innocent cyclist who gets absolutely mercilessly twatted with snowballs. Great stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Scroll down a bit from 70s man and there's some wonderful footage of a snowball fight in Lyon some 124 years ago, it's been colourised and enhanced. There's some fantastic shooting and an innocent cyclist who gets absolutely mercilessly twatted with snowballs. Great stuff!
    We used to give the postman a right hammering

Poor sod

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I just saw that through another site. AMAZING.

Looks a riot in the Canton. What's the average age of all those blokes?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Had he had a leathering ?
    Bit too much to drink as I recall.

Really? That's so great, you look like you're thinking about if there's any other clubs you could maybe support

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Looks a riot in the Canton. What's the average age of all those blokes?
    If it was the 70s probably 25

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    If it was the 70s probably 25
    not judging by that picture

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Really? That's so great, you look like you're thinking about if there's any other clubs you could maybe support
    This game sealed our relegation to the old Division 3. We were, I think, 2-0 own at the time and I just couldn't face watching the game any more. It was one of just 2 games which I have left before the final whistle. I went for a pint in the old Bluebirds Bar in the grandstand - somebody had beaten me to it. It was Don Murray who had travelled down from Edinburgh to watch our demise.

This game sealed our relegation to the old Division 3. We were, I think, 2-0 own at the time and I just couldn't face watching the game any more. It was one of just 2 games which I have left before the final whistle. I went for a pint in the old Bluebirds Bar in the grandstand - somebody had beaten me to it. It was Don Murray who had travelled down from Edinburgh to watch our demise.
    No way, I can't imagine bumping into Roger Johnson in the bar under the Canton during a game somehow

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    No way, I can't imagine bumping into Roger Johnson in the bar under the Canton during a game somehow
    Back in the early 70s the team would sometimes travel back from away games on the "supporters' special" trains, so we got to know some of them pretty well. The Player of the Year function would be held in the Bluebirds Club at the ground, with chicken in the basket high on the menu! On one such occasion the aforesaid Don Murray mistook me for somebody who had insulted his wife and grabbed me by the throat - not a pleasant experience for a skinny 18 year old . Ah, life was so different back then .

Back in the early 70s the team would sometimes travel back from away games on the "supporters' special" trains, so we got to know some of them pretty well. The Player of the Year function would be held in the Bluebirds Club at the ground, with chicken in the basket high on the menu! On one such occasion the aforesaid Don Murray mistook me for somebody who had insulted his wife and grabbed me by the throat - not a pleasant experience for a skinny 18 year old . Ah, life was so different back then .
    sounds it

Absolutely brilliant that the Bolton fan has gone to an away game in a blue and white pin striped suit and actually took the jacket off to have a kip. Must have been having an overnighter and hitting Tito’s

I was at that game, pretty sure we were either already down or already relegated that day

If that makes sense

Surely thats not a football crowd. Why are there people with Jackets and ties??..Thats not the granstand.