Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
I seriously doubt that first sentence, if you can't think of any teams that do it well then you don't pay much attention to what you're watching. Spanish and Dutch teams have been doing it for over a decade now, I remember Napoli under Sarri being great at it too. Only since Pep's arrival in England have we seen more English teams move toward it

Off the top of my head, Man City, BRIGHTON , Leeds, Arsenal (under Arteta) play out from the back and are comfortable doing it.

It isn't intended to retain possession, it's used to create a numerical advantage further up the pitch. If the opposition commit 3/4 attacking players to press and the side in possession are comfortable with the ball, they can play through the press and launch a quick attack.

Your last paragraph is daft, no team plays one-twos with their keeper in the final 10 minutes. Playing out is obviously situational and if I saw our players attempt it I would definitely encourage it, though I would be worried giving neither our defenders or midfielders are good enough on the ball to make it work.

They pass it 3 times, then the broken nosed centre halfs, LUMP-IT