Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
Bridgend has literally everything you need , good basic shopping , train station , easy link to M4 , lots of lovely countryside , its got its rough bits but everywhere has , the bridgend valleys are quite isolated but I know people who have lived there for years and would never move

Llantrisant, Pontyclun , Talbot Green , lots of facilities , right on the M4 , train etc

Don't know enough about the valleys and towns to North of Cardiff like pontypridd , aberdare , merthyr, porth Treorchy, , Caerphilly etc but lots of good people up there and loads to do

Barry is a hidden Gem as far as I am concerned . It has its bad side , any coastal former sea port that has seen better days is going to have .

But I find its a town I can go to that is like a mini cardiff and has lots of facilities without having to go into the city

I only go into cardiff to watch city , go to rock concerts and fish . I cant stand trawling up and down places like St davids 2 or Queen Street

With barry its got the waterfront which has morrisons , Asda, argos etc , Holton Road has some good places to shop , broad street isn't my scene at night but high street has lots of independent retailers , park Street on the way to Porthkerry has a decent pub and chippy , a fishing tackle shop for the likes of me , a lovely park , rommily, Porthkerry Park for families

The west side of Barry, Porthkerry, knap , pontypridd Road, marine drive etc is more expensive but its nothing like the exclusive parts of cardiff

I know people who live on the east side such a Cadoxton and they love it

Train station into cardiff in minutes

Living by the sea , whats not to like

Of course there are people who are dodgy but thats part of life

I like bridgend for the same reason as Barry but would say out of the two Barry has more going for it
Barry for me, it's as rough as ****, although my kind of rough. Reminds me a bit of Cardiff, the people that is. I love the island and the surrounding area.