+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Well, that’s 3 out of the Ingurlund squad !!!

Well, that’s 3 out of the Ingurlund squad !!!

Re: Well, that’s 3 out of the Ingurlund squad !!!

And Aaron Ramsey out of ours for the England game anyway - he's in a Juventus bubble apparently. I wouldn't have wanted him to play against England anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And Aaron Ramsey out of ours for the England game anyway - he's in a Juventus bubble apparently. I wouldn't have wanted him to play against England anyway.
    Really? This England game is going to be fun.

Anyone remotely interested in this game

I know it's peanuts to these guys but will they actually get the 10 grand fine?

Southgate drew his line in the sand by not picking Foden and Greenwood, so it'll be interesting to see what he does here. The sh*thouse.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I'll be very interested in it if we win .

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    It's just a warm-up for the two games that follow, it could be against anybody really, but England is less travel for both teams. I imagine there will be lots of substitutions during the game too.

First Team

It is nothing more than a glorified training session and I never thought I would ever say that about this fixture.
    I fully expect a raft of new caps, experimental formations and more subs than the US navy.
    Just about no chat on any of the web sites I pop into and what little there is echoes the lack of interest here.
    Factor in no supporters and it really is just a warm up for the glorified friendly games to follow for both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    It is nothing more than a glorified training session and I never thought I would ever say that about this fixture.
    I fully expect a raft of new caps, experimental formations and more subs than the US navy.
    Just about no chat on any of the web sites I pop into and what little there is echoes the lack of interest here.
    Factor in no supporters and it really is just a warm up for the glorified friendly games to follow for both sides.
    ....unless we win

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    We need lots of glorified friendlies with Euro 21 coming up. For example, consider the experience of our 4 centre backs.

Ampadu - 15 games (nearly all in midfield)
    Mepham - 10 games
    Rodon - 4 games
    Cabango - 1 game

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'll be very interested in it if we win .
    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's just a warm-up for the two games that follow, it could be against anybody really, but England is less travel for both teams. I imagine there will be lots of substitutions during the game too.
    A win is a win and would rather do so than lose I suppose.
    Any international friendly, not just this one, I have found has become a distraction which is sad to say as I always looked forward to Wales playing a decade or so ago.

I'm not sure when the friendly was arranged, post-covid I suspect which is probably why we are playing England.

I think due to the euro playoffs and the nations league games happening in the same window both ourselves and England (along with all the other Uefa countries not involved in the POs) have to play a friendly.

With all the other UK teams involved in those playoffs a Wales/England friendly was probably the easiest to arrange and less of a potential logistical headache.

Seems bizarre to say it about this fixture but I think I’ll have more of an interest and eye on the Scotland / Israel or both of the Ireland’s playoff games that night.