Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
It's a tricky one. I remember 2009 when we'd let what seemed an unassailable position slip and Preston pinched 6th spot on the last day of the season, aided by us losing 6-0 there. Some Cardiff fans wanted rid of Jones after that based on two previous collapses from good positions, others wanted to give him one more season. We did, ballsed up the Blackpool final; some gave Jones the benefit of the doubt, some didn't. It was the same after we'd lost to Reading a year later.

Ultimately the club decided to make a change. It proved to be the right decision, but it could easily have gone wrong. The club did its homework and realised that Mackay was doing a GOOD JOB at Watford with little to work with, but we could ended up with someone who took the club backwards as it rebuilt that summer.

I remember writing a post back then titled 'stick or twist'. Do you think that your manager is incapable of getting what you want from your football club and replace, or do you back your manager who had got much right, bar the end of the season? Remember Leicester sacking Ranieri months after winning the league? I don't think there is a right or wrong answer in all of this, only opinions, which may be very strong!

It's interesting to note the parallels with 11 years ago. Had Lamouchi made some decent start to the season, he'd have been fine. After all, they didn't choose to sack him after the Stoke game. I think 4 games in is a bit rash to be making decisions. I guess we'll see where this goes.

Was he though ?

Seems Sean Dyche, would have been the better option