+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sabri Lamouchi sacked - Update.. Chris Hughton appointed

Sabri Lamouchi sacked - Update.. Chris Hughton appointed

Head Coach Sabri Lamouchi has been sacked by Nottingham Forest

Re: Sabri Lamouchi sacked

Sign him up, Vincent!

He's the second Championship manager to go today after Gerhard Struber left Barnsley to join New York Red Bulls.

Can’t help but think he was a dead man walking after that play off collapse

Forest are a mad club, they allow him to bring in thirteen new players I think it is and then sack him the day after a transfer window closes

Where's Big Sam these days ??

He could f uck um up even more

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Can’t help but think he was a dead man walking after that play off collapse
    It's a tricky one. I remember 2009 when we'd let what seemed an unassailable position slip and Preston pinched 6th spot on the last day of the season, aided by us losing 6-0 there. Some Cardiff fans wanted rid of Jones after that based on two previous collapses from good positions, others wanted to give him one more season. We did, ballsed up the Blackpool final; some gave Jones the benefit of the doubt, some didn't. It was the same after we'd lost to Reading a year later.

Ultimately the club decided to make a change. It proved to be the right decision, but it could easily have gone wrong. The club did its homework and realised that Mackay was doing a good job at Watford with little to work with, but we could ended up with someone who took the club backwards as it rebuilt that summer.

I remember writing a post back then titled 'stick or twist'. Do you think that your manager is incapable of getting what you want from your football club and replace, or do you back your manager who had got much right, bar the end of the season? Remember Leicester sacking Ranieri months after winning the league? I don't think there is a right or wrong answer in all of this, only opinions, which may be very strong!

It's interesting to note the parallels with 11 years ago. Had Lamouchi made some decent start to the season, he'd have been fine. After all, they didn't choose to sack him after the Stoke game. I think 4 games in is a bit rash to be making decisions. I guess we'll see where this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Where's Big Sam these days ??
    Probably just had his tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It's a tricky one. I remember 2009 when we'd let what seemed an unassailable position slip and Preston pinched 6th spot on the last day of the season, aided by us losing 6-0 there. Some Cardiff fans wanted rid of Jones after that based on two previous collapses from good positions, others wanted to give him one more season. We did, ballsed up the Blackpool final; some gave Jones the benefit of the doubt, some didn't. It was the same after we'd lost to Reading a year later.

Ultimately the club decided to make a change. It proved to be the right decision, but it could easily have gone wrong. The club did its homework and realised that Mackay was doing a GOOD JOB at Watford with little to work with, but we could ended up with someone who took the club backwards as it rebuilt that summer.

I remember writing a post back then titled 'stick or twist'. Do you think that your manager is incapable of getting what you want from your football club and replace, or do you back your manager who had got much right, bar the end of the season? Remember Leicester sacking Ranieri months after winning the league? I don't think there is a right or wrong answer in all of this, only opinions, which may be very strong!

It's interesting to note the parallels with 11 years ago. Had Lamouchi made some decent start to the season, he'd have been fine. After all, they didn't choose to sack him after the Stoke game. I think 4 games in is a bit rash to be making decisions. I guess we'll see where this goes.

Was he though ?

Seems Sean Dyche, would have been the better option

Chris Houghton takes over

Was he though ?

Seems Sean Dyche, would have been the better option
    Dyche replaced Mackay at Watford. Nobody would have been any the wiser about Dyche at the time as he'd never managed a game before.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Chris Houghton takes over
    Who

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Who
    You mean he slightly changed his template powerpoint pitch to a role in the World Health Organisation and still got the Forest job?

Re: Sabri Lamouchi sacked - Update.. Chris Hughton appointed

Good appointment, but as said above what's that all about in letting the guy sign a whole new team. Unless they weren't his signings I suppose.

Will they now try and reverse the Albert sale, in an effort to rediscover their european glory days.

Forest were bookies favourites for a top 6 finish before the season started. A lot of the pundits agreed.

What changed over the course of just four league games - even if they played badly for three of them?

The owners should have stuck with him or at least waited until the New Year. Instead they have panicked.

I like Chris Hughton - he should make them harder to beat - but it doesn't make the decision to sack Lamouchi now any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Dyche replaced Mackay at Watford. Nobody would have been any the wiser about Dyche at the time as he'd never managed a game before.
    Dyche was working with Mackay at Watford

Mackay actually wanted him to come to Cardiff with him, but Sean turned him down

What a baffling decision

The fans seemed to back him even after the POs

But to sack him today of all days is just a head scratcher.

Dyche was working with Mackay at Watford

Mackay actually wanted him to come to Cardiff with him, but Sean turned him down
    Yes, he wanted a crack at the management game. Worked out quite well I guess!

Nobody would have considered appointing him when Mackay came here, though.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    What a baffling decision

They've got about 9 points in about 20 games and haven't got a point this season. It isn't that baffling!

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    What a baffling decision

Three points out of the last thirty, including the last game capitulation last season to miss out on the play offs, is hardly a ringing endorsement of a managers abilities, is it. He was out of his depth.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Three points out of the last thirty, including the last game capitulation last season to miss out on the play offs, is hardly a ringing endorsement of a managers abilities, is it. He was out of his depth.
    Is that the same out of his depth as the manager who had lost the same number of games as the eventual champions, Leeds, after 40 games last season?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Then why did Forest give him a new contract in June and allow him to sign 13 players?
    That’s baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Then why did Forest give him a new contract in June and allow him to sign 13 players?
    That’s baffling.
    He wasn't the one signing the players. He got the new contract post meltdown.