+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: International football: Wembley friendly, 08/10, 8pm. Wales first game of three-match window

International football: Wembley friendly, 08/10, 8pm. Wales first game of three-match window

England v Wales kick's off at 8pm tomorrow as warm-up to two Nation's league qualifiers on the 11th and 14th, all on S4C.

Predicted line-up:

Henessey

Roberts
    Rodon
    Mepham
    Davies (C)
    Norrington-Davies

Smith
    Wilson
    Vaulks

Matondo
    Roberts

Re: International football: Wembley friendly, 08/10, 8pm. Wales first game of three-match window

Press from earlier today:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/54446458

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/54454460

Squad for the three games can be found here if anyone else wants to guess the line-up (meant to be just the pic for ease of use, apologies): https://twitter.com/Colemans_Dream/s...682048/photo/1

Re: International football: Wembley friendly, 08/10, 8pm. Wales first game of three-match window

Henessey

Ben Davies
    Rodon
    Mepham
    Cabango
    Williams

Ampadu
    Smith

James
    Roberts
    Wilson

This is going to be an absolute hammering. I'd like to see us trying to play counter attacking with I hope the line up is more like delmbox than the predicted one.

Maybe morell for Smith. Not sure about roberts I expect Moore to play because whilst I would like us to play more counter attacking reckon will be smash and hold to get upfield

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    This is going to be an absolute hammering. I'd like to see us trying to play counter attacking with I hope the line up is more like delmbox than the predicted one.

Maybe morell for Smith. Not sure about roberts I expect Moore to play because whilst I would like us to play more counter attacking reckon will be smash and hold to get upfield
    I think I switched on to computer game mode for a second There is no way my predicted line-up will happen. Reckon Giggs will go fairly normal for 50 minutes then start to make the changes after that.

I would like us to try 5 at the back with as many quick defenders as possible and Ben Davies acting as captain. Also think we need to rest Morrell and try to save a few of our main performers for the second two games. It's really strange that Giggs hasn't brought up another striker since Hal going out with a broken arm as Moore cannot play all three games and Tyler Roberts rarely plays as a striker for his club.

Is anyone here interested in Wales when Cardiff are so shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Is anyone here interested in Wales when Cardiff are so shit?
    Shut it, Harris is doing an amazing job.

He’s loved by many on here.

Even though the blokes next to useless.

Live on ITV aswell if you'd rather listen to biased commentary. I forgot that they show England's home games.
    I doubt though that ITV Wales will be opting out and providing their own analysts and commentators.

So Ramsey is unavailable? But ronaldo played yesterday

He’s more important to Juve

I think we are going to get battered here.
    Too many top players out.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54425562

Looking at the potential lineups I'm definitely worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think we are going to get battered here.
    Too many top players out.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54425562

Looking at the potential lineups I'm definitely worried.
    No point to this friendly at all.

Ronaldo is restricted as much as the late great Peter Whittingham... he does what he wants!

I'd like Adam Davies to get some gametime, he's the only one of our keepers playing and it could serve as a kick up the arse to Ward and Hennessey

I never thought I'd say this about a Wales v England game, but I'm tempted to watch one of the competitive games involving Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I never thought I'd say this about a Wales v England game, but I'm tempted to watch one of the competitive games involving Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Republic tonight.
    My thinking as well, will start with N.ireland but might switch.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I with you on this one and I never thought I would say that about this fixture.

The Guardian have labelled it the most pointless fixture ever and with so many of the better players out it really has become a training run out for both sides. I have never seen so much apathy about a game from both sets of supporters.

I expect I will eventually turn to itv to watch but with little enthusiasm and an eye of the more important fixtures that have qualification at stake.

In the short-term, the main thing about this friendly, once UEFA decided there needed to be a three game window, was how easy it must have been to arrange.

We are looking likely to have USA arranged for later in the year after Trump confirmed America turning, back, into Wales so that will be more to look forward to.

In the longer term, it's a big test for some of our younger players or those who haven't had many minutes at international level and maybe a chance to a have a close eye on a side we may see in knockout stages in future tournaments.

Wouldn't it have been easier and cheaper to play this game at Reading? Or Brentford's new stadium?

Jesus. What were the two defenders doing there?

Great. Now Moore is injured. BALLS!

I'm okay with conceding so poorly from two set-pieces because that should be able to be sorted quite quickly. Think we now know that Tyler Roberts is a really fine attacking midfielder, potentially Ramsey's successor, but not quite an international striker, at least not yet, and we need to have a bit more of a plan for goal-scoring going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I'm okay with conceding so poorly from two set-pieces because that should be able to be sorted quite quickly. Think we now know that Tyler Roberts is a really fine attacking midfielder, potentially Ramsey's successor, but not quite an international striker, at least not yet, and we need to have a bit more of a plan for goal-scoring going forward.
    I don't think he's got Ramsey's vision, but then Ramsey is a special player. Roberts impressed me last night though

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I was impressed by Roberts, chased everything down.
    Matondo looked dangerous at times, but lost the ball an awful lot too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I was impressed by Roberts, chased everything down.
    Matondo looked dangerous at times, but lost the ball an awful lot too.
    do you think? I thought Rabbi was anonymous