+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are we going to sign anyone?

Re: Are we going to sign anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Guter has signed for Charlton on a 2 yer deal, with an option of a third!
    when has anyone ever actally had a pay as you play deal?
    Fair enough I hadn't seen that reported anywhere, you've found the ammo to ridicule you were looking for. You win the internet today

Quote Originally Posted by Punxsutawney Phil View Post
    I'd 100% offer Gunter a pay as you play, I'm sure his influence off the pitch on the youngsters would be a huge plus, similarly Danny Simpson. I like Osei-Tutu and think that he'd learn for an older more experienced head, if we play our cards right I can see us taking him long term so developing him this way can be a benefit to us. Cuco Martina could also be an option.

Others on the list in terms of midfield would be Jackson Irvine, Pajtim Kasami, Raj van La Parra, Steve Defour, Andre Green and a long shot would be Alen Halilovic. All have different qualities and at different stages of their careers but would give us options we currently lack as well the majority providing experience of the championship.
    Jackson Irvine was at Hull last year, who were shite
    Raj van La Parra is a left winger and we have 2 of those already
    Steven Defour is already 32
    Andre Green is another left winger, who's never really done much at this level.

Halilovic could be interesting.

Fair enough I hadn't seen that reported anywhere, you've found the ammo to ridicule you were looking for. You win the internet today
    Nah it's all about opinions, people I think are shite usually go on to have a brilliant season

Wilfrid kaptoum looked pretty interesting off that list, until I looked at his injury history. I don't think I've seen a player with as many long term muscle tears

Jackson Irvine was at Hull last year, who were shite
    Raj van La Parra is a left winger and we have 2 of those already
    Steven Defour is already 32
    Andre Green is another left winger, who's never really done much at this level.

Halilovic could be interesting.
    I see it a little differently with the wingers, these days the attacking midfield positions are far more fluid and La Parra and Green aren't just left wingers. Green in particular can play up front too where we are lacking and is someone on the list who could develop and have a sell on value.

Also not sure being relegated means the whole squad are automatically the worst players in that given league? I think we signed Danny Ward from relegated Rotherham and he was a very serviceable back up

Nah it's all about opinions, people I think are shite usually go on to have a brilliant season
    Got to bear in mind we are analysing this list don't have access to a scouting network, I'm sure there are some unheralded options on there that can become assets with the right coaching. If only the club had invested some money in scouting....

I see it a little differently with the wingers, these days the attacking midfield positions are far more fluid and La Parra and Green aren't just left wingers. Green in particular can play up front too where we are lacking and is someone on the list who could develop and have a sell on value.

Also not sure being relegated means the whole squad are automatically the worst players in that given league? I think we signed Danny Ward from relegated Rotherham and he was a very serviceable back up
    Yeah that's true enough about Ward, we also got Marshall from a relegated team.

I don't know too much about Green tbf definitely a better age than a lot of the players on there.

How about this guy? Left out of Arsenal’s Europa League Squad, they could lend him to us and even if they paid most of his wages they’d be no worse off, since he never plays! https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54464179

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    How about this guy? Left out of Arsenal’s Europa League Squad, they could lend him to us and even if they paid most of his wages they’d be no worse off, since he never plays! https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54464179
    He has a bad enough attitude playing for one of the biggest clubs in the EPL. Can you imagine what he'd be like turning out for us?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He has a bad enough attitude playing for one of the biggest clubs in the EPL. Can you imagine what he'd be like turning out for us?
    not that he would drop down to the championship, but if he goes to a club where he's undoubtedly the main man then I think you'd see a different ozil. some players are just like that

Yeah that's true enough about Ward, we also got Marshall from a relegated team.

I don't know too much about Green tbf definitely a better age than a lot of the players on there.
    Didn't Mark Hudson come from a relegated Charlton as well?