+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: British-born alleged IS suspects on trial in the US

British-born alleged IS suspects on trial in the US

Any other Beatles fans p****d off by the media referring to the above as "The Beatles", which was apparently the name given them when they were allegedly involved in kidnapping whilst in Syria and Iraq.

They are terrorists (allegedly) so cut the crap and call them by their given names not associate them with a national treasure.

I shouldn't imagine Mssrs McCartney and Starr are too impressed either.

Re: British-born alleged IS suspects on trial in the US

Yes it is annoying, perhaps a death sentence may end it

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Saw on the news tonight that a death sentence has been ruled out. It will be a life sentence should they be found guilty.

Showed them being interviewed. No remorse was shown and they even refused to condemn the man responsible for the beheadings, saying he was a friend and they would not say anything negative about him.

Lovely fellahs......

Hopefully won't be saying here comes the sun many more times.

International

The death penalty had to be ruled out before UK would condone the trial and release evidence.
    This country doesn’t believe in it.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The death penalty had to be ruled out before UK would condone the trial and release evidence.
    What's with the shrug? The death penalty is barbaric and shouldn't be used, also being illegal in this country I think it's perfectly acceptable to not co-operate with anyone if the punishment is going to be death.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Because we’re more civilised than some, doesn’t seem like on times but we are.

I didn't think McCartney's last album was that bad.

No No No

It might not have been their fault, we dont know the full story, they might have been radicalised and they might be victims in all of this

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    No No No

It might not have been their fault, we dont know the full story, they might have been radicalised and they might be victims in all of this
    Every terrorist or suspected terrorist has been radicalised at some point in their life so are you saying that they're all victims and consequently none of them should be punished for their heinous crimes against humanity ?

No No No

lame attempt 3/10

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Every terrorist or suspected terrorist has been radicalised at some point in their life so are you saying that they're all victims and consequently none of them should be punished for their heinous crimes against humanity ?
    no not at all, but i had to get my lame reply in before the lefties

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    lame attempt 3/10
    a 3 better than a 2, so its all good

I suspect I may have been kippered lol

Perhaps we should take some comfort the ISIS Beatles have been quoted as saying : "a life sentence inside 'hell on Earth' supermax prison would be worse than the death penalty"" .

They will join the lovely Abu Hamza who is suing the US because of “cruel” conditions at America's most secure prison .

I don't think Abu can play an instrument, so won't be hooking up with the IS Beatles if they do a tour

Perhaps we should take some comfort the ISIS Beatles have been quoted as saying : "a life sentence inside 'hell on Earth' supermax prison would be worse than the death penalty"" .

They will join the lovely Abu Hamza who is suing the US because of “cruel” conditions at America's most secure prison .

I don't think Abu can play an instrument, so won't be hooking up with the IS Beatles if they do a tour
    they often say that about the death penalty and i have never 100% agreed with that idea, but hearing them say that warms the soul

Hamza may not play an instrument but as a songwriter he's up there with Lennon & McCartney. Give them a listen...they all have a great hook in them.

Hamza may not play an instrument but as a songwriter he's up there with Lennon & McCartney. Give them a listen...they all have a great hook in them.
    To be fair he was quite prolific in the 70s with such hits as:
    Fatima’s mother
    When you’re in love with a veiled woman
    And (radicalise you) a little bit more

Heisenberg

Isn't it important to find out the causes of why people become like this so you can stamp it out at the source? When people discuss things like this it isn't because they think the person deserves complete sympathy and don't deserve any form of punishment, just that it's important to understand why.

I think you would be fairly easy to radicalise in the right circumstances tbh.

Any other Beatles fans p****d off by the media referring to the above as "The Beatles", which was apparently the name given them when they were allegedly involved in kidnapping whilst in Syria and Iraq.

They are terrorists (allegedly) so cut the crap and call them by their given names not associate them with a national treasure.

I shouldn't imagine Mssrs McCartney and Starr are too impressed either.
    I was similarly pissed off when people started getting confused between the World Health Organisation. when they were getting blamed by people for coronavirus, with the iconic rock band, The Who. Still I won't be fooled again!

International

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    What's with the shrug? The death penalty is barbaric and shouldn't be used, also being illegal in this country I think it's perfectly acceptable to not co-operate with anyone if the punishment is going to be death.
    Thank you for your opinion.

We can only hope the rumours of those USA jails being so bad is true .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29485405

RIP Alan Henning , must be an awful memory for his family members to live with.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Foggon View Post
    I didn't think McCartney's last album was that bad.
    🤣

Haha. Love the witty humour of this board, really a refreshing change.