+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Giggs

Giggs

Re: Giggs

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I enjoyed it

Know he predominantly works for them but don't think Savage fits into a thoughtful article like this.

Thanks for posting that. Must admit the article surprised me, as I've always thought that players who found the game as easy as Giggs did do not always make the best managers because they struggle to understand why lesser mortals struggle to carry out their instructions and get by on their reputations to some extent. However, it sounds like Giggs, like Glenn Hoddle, another exception to my rule, is a thinker about the game.

Great article. He's going to want to be back in club management sooner or later. I wonder if it's still possible for Wales to have a part-time manager.

I admire the way he has integrated the young players into the team, and bonus points for realising early on that he could build the team around Ampadu. It's still a work in progress, but we are going to be a decent team in the not too distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I admire the way he has integrated the young players into the team, and bonus points for realising early on that he could build the team around Ampadu. It's still a work in progress, but we are going to be a decent team in the not too distant future.
    He’s not gonna sleep with you.

I agree that Giggs has done well to bring so many youngsters through while keeping results largely positive.
    Not sure what you mean about building the team around Ampadu? He's done ok

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post

I've added you to the list of detractors

Things have developed under Giggs. In his first games I couldn't work out what the attacking plan or defensive plan was but we seem to be getting the defensive side of things right now. He's definitely taken us forward from Coleman's time here but unlikely to reach same heights simply because we don't have a prime Bale in attack at the moment.

surge getting the defensive game right you mention

did you watch the game tonight ???

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

The two centre backs were comfortable on the ball in the first half, and dealing with crosses is something that needs to be sorted out on the training ground.

I've added you to the list of detractors
    No probs.

You've been on my list since you became an aviation expert.

I said getting rather than got We are much better defensively now than when Giggs first joined.

wales -bales the modern game is built around being comfortable on the ball so nothing new there

whats more alarming was the ease of the 3 goals with routing high balls into the box now thats bread and butter stuff in our game

No probs.

You've been on my list since you became an aviation expert.
    Yeah, and everything I said was confirmed by the investigation

wales -bales the modern game is built around being comfortable on the ball so nothing new there

whats more alarming was the ease of the 3 goals with routing high balls into the box now thats bread and butter stuff in our game
    Exactly

Rodon looks ok, and Mepham has had problems with injuries, so let's see how it goes in the next two games.

A limited team/country like ours who have the fraction of player's to pick from compared to other countries have to do the basics of not conceding from set pieces, corners, whipped in crosses ................
    I would have raised a glass to a 0-0 clean sheet game tonight.

I remember when a few critised the appointment, glad he has managed to make a fist of it , perhaps Utd went for the wrong old boy

it's funny how no one ever mentions Tom Lockyer, but I've never seen us defend us poorly as that with him in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    it's funny how no one ever mentions Tom Lockyer, but I've never seen us defend us poorly as that with him in the team.
    True, he should get back in when he's fit. I'd be tempted to play a flat Jack 4 of Roberts, Cabango, Rodon and Davies on Sunday. Or maybe stick Neco in instead of Roberts but then the term "flat Jack 4" doesn't work