+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kieffer Moore injured tonight playing for Wales.

Kieffer Moore injured tonight playing for Wales.

This is exactly why I don’t want our City players turning out for Wales, especially when our squad is so small. City before Wales any day for me. Hopefully he will be fit for the Preston game - don’t want him to play the next 2 Welsh fixtures so that he is hopefully fit for us Sunday week at noon. Come on Harris; withdraw Moore from the Wales squad before they travel overseas so our club medics can assess him!

Re: Kieffer Moore injured tonight playing for Wales.

Don’t think it’s serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Don’t think it’s serious.
    This post or the knock?

We wouldn't have Moore as a player if it wasn't for his time with Wales, Moore wouldn't be as good a player if it wasn't for his time with Wales, City look like a midtable side this year so his time with Wales is not a distraction. Also, it's so very easy to support both.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    This post or the knock?

We wouldn't have Moore as a player if it wasn't for his time with Wales, Moore wouldn't be as good a player if it wasn't for his time with Wales, City look like a midtable side this year so his time with Wales is not a distraction. Also, it's so very easy to support both.
    Club before country for me too.

to be honest for the next year, I am going to be much more interested in watching Wales than City

What Cardiff City football is there for the next 6 days? What Wales football is there after that until the next international window? The majority of the time, what is good for one is good for the other. For example, if Cardiff get promoted then fewer games on the pitch, more money spent on developing football in the local area; if Wales do well then more interest in football, bigger crowds and more kids in local area wanting to join the academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    This is exactly why I don’t want our City players turning out for Wales, especially when our squad is so small. City before Wales any day for me. Hopefully he will be fit for the Preston game - don’t want him to play the next 2 Welsh fixtures so that he is hopefully fit for us Sunday week at noon. Come on Harris; withdraw Moore from the Wales squad before they travel overseas so our club medics can assess him!
    I bet you used to criticise Giggs when Fergie used to pull him out of friendlies!
    Wales made Moore the Player he is now not City?

I like seeing City players playing for any country. Chuffed for them.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...moore-19075363

Kieffer Moore is set to have a scan ahead of Wales' Nations League clash with Republic of Ireland after he was forced off the pitch during his side's 3-0 defeat to England.

The striker led the line for the visitors at Wembley but was replaced by Neco Williams six minutes before half time after sustaining a knock to his foot.

Wales manager Ryan Giggs says the Cardiff City forward will be assessed on Friday morning as Wales prepare for their trip to Dublin this weekend.

"He's hurt his toe, so we're going to assess it," said Giggs.

"If he has to get a scan, then we're going to try to get a scan in the morning.

"At the moment it's painful, and, of course, if it's bruised heavily then it's going to be painful.

"We won't know until we get a scan on how he is.

"I thought he was a handful tonight, a real threat. The game changed with the goal, and when Kieffer went off, we lost that target.

"Also on set pieces, where we conceded two bad goals, he's a big part of that, defending set pieces. So it's a blow, but we've got other options as well."

Doesn’t sound good. Time to step up, Mr Glatzel

perfect just what we need

Thought Moore was really good in the short time he was on. He certainly would have helped for the 2nd and 3rd goals conceded.

I would agree if Moore had played for Wales with an aggravated injury but that's not the case here.

Hopefully nothing too serious but at least it may potentially highlight to the board regarding recruitment before the window ends... Wishful thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post

I fully support Cardiff players playing for their country, especially Wales, however, not in meaningless friendlies, at the start of a season and when you have two competitive games coming up. Awful decision to play last night, and even if we had won... so what? 5 minutes of bragging rights but Moore injured and we feck up qualifying games. pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I fully support Cardiff players playing for their country, especially Wales, however, not in meaningless friendlies, at the start of a season and when you have two competitive games coming up. Awful decision to play last night, and even if we had won... so what? 5 minutes of bragging rights but Moore injured and we feck up qualifying games. pathetic.
    Its a warm up game, to get the players used to playing together today before the important matches coming up. And by the look of it was badly needed.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I think we were forced to play a game as RoI were also playing and you are not allowed a rest during the nations league. Given the full fixtures around Europe and Covid and unnecessary travel, there wasn't a lot of options.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Its a warm up game, to get the players used to playing together today before the important matches coming up. And by the look of it was badly needed.
    Important matches !! Don't make me laugh. Its the Nations League, a meaningless Mickey Mouse competition, manufactured by UEFA just to fill in space in the calendar. In these Covid times they shouldn't even be considering playing this type of competition and first team club players of any country shouldn't be anywhere near it.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Important matches !! Don't make me laugh. Its the Nations League, a meaningless Mickey Mouse competition, manufactured by UEFA just to fill in space in the calendar. In these Covid times they shouldn't even be considering playing this type of competition and first team club players of any country shouldn't be anywhere near it.
    It's a league competition with promotion and relegation.
    Is it any less meaningful than our inevitable mid table championship finish this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    I bet you used to criticise Giggs when Fergie used to pull him out of friendlies!
    Wales made Moore the Player he is now not City?
    Really?hes got 8 caps. Neither Wales or City have made him.the player he is.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Tell that to Scotland and Northern Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Tell that to Scotland and Northern Ireland
    The nations league games Scotland and NI played in are to be 1 game away from getting to a major finals.

This nations league games is to see if you can qualify, just in case you don't qualify automatically for a chance to play in a play off match to see if can qualify for the world Cup.

I get your point though but in my opinion this nations league should have been scrapped and left until after the world Cup.

Toe injury so either bruised or broken?

Bruised out for a week? broken out for 6weeks to 2 months?

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    The nations league games Scotland and NI played in are to be 1 game away from getting to a major finals.

This nations league games is to see if you can qualify, just in case you don't qualify automatically for a chance to play in a play off match to see if can qualify for the world Cup.

I get your point though but in my opinion this nations league should have been scrapped and left until after the world Cup.
    I'm just saying if we hadn't qualified and the NL was offering us a way to the Euro's no one would be saying it's a waste of time, we'd be incredibly thankful it exists. The wider issue of how it fits in with this congested season I haven't really thought about to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Really?hes got 8 caps. Neither Wales or City have made him.the player he is.
    If Giggs hadn’t capped him ,no one would had heard of him! He took his chance and has done well since !