+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 82 of 82

Thread: Just read West Ham could be in for

  1. #61

    Re: Just read West Ham could be in for

    Why do the advocates of selling Morrison believe the entire sum received will be spent on new players?

  2. #62

    Re: Just read West Ham could be in for

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Morrisson is the team captain and a great Championship centre back. Obviously, he's going to have to be replaced at some point, but I don't think now is a good time. And I wouldn't trust the current regime to adequately replace him. Is it worth £10M to complete write off the season?
    In all honesty no , but the thread is an interesting debate on both sides , no one really knows how Flint would fair alongside Nelson as its not been tested for a lengthy period.

    If we went up neither would be good enough in fact the back four would have to go .

    As to us being relegated if Morrison went that is a huge worry , as we then have a single point of failure and I doubt we would.

  3. #63

    Re: Just read West Ham could be in for

    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I'm genuinely surprised to see the comments here.

    When ML departed I was horrified because he was pivotal. That was a big blow.

    When I saw the managers comments recently that he intended to sell more players, probably not buy any more and by this means achieve promotion, I was very concerned .

    I was sad to see Etheridge go but accepted that because he was too good to be a reserve.

    When they sold Callum I thought it was a huge mistake because he was the universal sticking plaster when there was a hole in the team either through injury or poor performance - a priceless asset.

    Okay, now they speak of letting the captain go, and if that happens it'll be the end of all continuity and all connection with the incredible progress of the last decade. A public declaration that ambition has been abandoned.

    I don't like to say it, but these are the cumulative signs of a team in its way to league one, not the Premiership. Let's hope there's a quick reversal of this negative stance and some new players brought in , or it will be too late.
    I said last month that this squad has all the feelings of a team in decline. Having said that, would there ever be a better time to start re-building the squad into something a bit more balanced ? Providing we stay clear of a relegation battle - by no means a certainty with the current squad IMHO - the manager can use this behind-closed-doors season to put the City on a stronger footing for 9-10 months' time. Financially it's going to be make or break for many Championship clubs. Better to hibernate for the football spring, when it arrives..

  4. #64

    Re: Just read West Ham could be in for

    Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I think that some people overestimate Nelson. They perhaps think that Nelson is blessed with pace, and will be able to rescue Flint when he inevitably gets caught out of position.
    I agree with you, Nelson is average.
    I canít see Nelson improving but Morrison and Flint just doesnít work

  5. #65

    Re: Just read West Ham could be in for

    Huge blow if he goes.

  6. #66

    Re: Just read West Ham could be in for

    I have to admit it took me a long time to work out who the 'pivotal' ML was. You mean Mendez-Laing? Pivotal? Surely not.

  7. #67

    Re: Just read West Ham could be in for

    Morrison is an excellent player in the Championship, but he looked out of his depth in the Premier League a couple of seasons ago. I can't really see West Ham paying big money for him.

  8. #68

    Re: Just read West Ham could be in for

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Does anybody on here actually believe Morrison will go to West Ham? And for £10 million?

    No

  9. #69

    Re: Just read West Ham could be in for

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I said last month that this squad has all the feelings of a team in decline. Having said that, would there ever be a better time to start re-building the squad into something a bit more balanced ? Providing we stay clear of a relegation battle - by no means a certainty with the current squad IMHO - the manager can use this behind-closed-doors season to put the City on a stronger footing for 9-10 months' time. Financially it's going to be make or break for many Championship clubs. Better to hibernate for the football spring, when it arrives..

    Good points but on the other hand we could use this strange season against clubs in a far worse situation. We've got parachute payments plus outgoing fees.
    I'm the last one to complain about Mr Tans level of investment or to demand unrealistic targets. Seems to me that this is the time to invest quite heavily though because you get a lot of bang for your buck in this market - £2m for Keifer More. The money we spent on Josh Murphy or the Fulham Rat boy would now buy good players from the premier league or abroad and only 3 or 4 good players in the right positions would braces us for a very realistic automatic promotion run.

    We've nearly gotten rid of all our assets and we're at the point where rationalisation becomes liquidation if we're not careful.

    To be honest, although I think the manager has done some good stuff, he's had time to settle in and not really done enough to make me think he's taking us strongly enough in the right direction.
    Sorry if all that seems a bit negative . Maybe I shouldn't have said it and part of me thinks that, but I suppose I'm venting the frustration of having gone so far under Sir Neil to be back where we started instead of developing that.

  10. #70
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    10,421

    Re: Just read West Ham could be in for

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Does anybody on here actually believe Morrison will go to West Ham? And for £10 million?
    No

  11. #71

    Re: Just read West Ham could be in for

    It always makes me chuckle when fans state what is an acceptable bid to them like they are FDs or CFOs of a multi million pound company.

    I donít care what the offer is we will be absolutely stark raving bonkers as a football club to sell our captain and leader Sean Morrison and promote Aden Flint back to first team starter.

  12. #72

    Re: Just read West Ham could be in for

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It always makes me chuckle when fans state what is an acceptable bid to them like they are FDs or CFOs of a multi million pound company.

    I donít care what the offer is we will be absolutely stark raving bonkers as a football club to sell our captain and leader Sean Morrison and promote Aden Flint back to first team starter.
    This with bells on. Drives me nuts that people seem to think that money from transfers goes into a pool and the club have done well to get a certain fee.

    The money goes where the owner decides. If we have a player we donít want to lose because it makes the team weaker I donít care what the fee is... the team is weaker as a result of the transaction.

    If we got £70m for Morrison does anyone seriously think that money would be reinvested in the team?🤣... cloud cuckoo land

  13. #73

    Re: Just read West Ham could be in for

    Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    This with bells on. Drives me nuts that people seem to think that money from transfers goes into a pool and the club have done well to get a certain fee.

    The money goes where the owner decides. If we have a player we don’t want to lose because it makes the team weaker I don’t care what the fee is... the team is weaker as a result of the transaction.

    If we got £70m for Morrison does anyone seriously think that money would be reinvested in the team?��... cloud cuckoo land
    Living in cloud cuckoo land, I reckon if we got £70m for Morrison some of it would be reinvested in the team and the West Ham official who sanctioned the deal would be hauled off to Nurse Ratchett’s place

  14. #74

    Re: Just read West Ham could be in for

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It always makes me chuckle when fans state what is an acceptable bid to them like they are FDs or CFOs of a multi million pound company.

    I donít care what the offer is we will be absolutely stark raving bonkers as a football club to sell our captain and leader Sean Morrison and promote Aden Flint back to first team starter.
    With any player, If you give a player a value, and the offer is way over it then every team in the country has to accept it.

    The only issue I see is no way WH will offer £10m for Morrison.

    Flint is not a bad defender, heís just bloody slow

  15. #75

    Re: Just read West Ham could be in for

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It always makes me chuckle when fans state what is an acceptable bid to them like they are FDs or CFOs of a multi million pound company.

    I donít care what the offer is we will be absolutely stark raving bonkers as a football club to sell our captain and leader Sean Morrison and promote Aden Flint back to first team starter.
    So agree with this.

  16. #76

    Re: Just read West Ham could be in for

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Living in cloud cuckoo land, I reckon if we got £70m for Morrison some of it would be reinvested in the team and the West Ham official who sanctioned the deal would be hauled off to Nurse Ratchett’s place
    Some of it 🤣🤣🤣

  17. #77

    Re: Just read West Ham could be in for

    Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    With any player, If you give a player a value, and the offer is way over it then every team in the country has to accept it.

    The only issue I see is no way WH will offer £10m for Morrison.

    Flint is not a bad defender, he’s just bloody slow
    The way it's looking with Moore, we might have to start Flint up front.

  18. #78

    Re: Just read West Ham could be in for

    Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    The way it's looking with Moore, we might have to start Flint up front.
    Wouldnít be the first time weíve used a rubbish defender up front!

  19. #79

    Re: Just read West Ham could be in for

    No we're selling him to QPR.

    The cut price clearance sale goes on !

    In his case he's worth getting rid of although I'm sure we won't recoup anything like we paid for him.

    He certainly is a poor player - up there with Madine for the best ways to waste a few million quid , but do they realise they need to keep at least 11 players in order to play football, even in League one which they seem to be aiming at.

  20. #80

    Re: Just read West Ham could be in for

    Ronniebird all clubs are in survival mode now

    redundancies and laying off people to able to trade is the new norm

    lets hope we have a club to support after all this is over !!!

  21. #81

    Re: Just read West Ham could be in for

    Looks like Morrison will be staying...

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54481969

  22. #82

    Re: Just read West Ham could be in for

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Looks like Morrison will be staying...

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54481969
    Thank Christ for that

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •