+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just read West Ham could be in for

Just read West Ham could be in for

Sean Morrison.

Re: Just read West Ham could be in for

£10m for Morrison? Yes. We're in a rebuilding stage. Flint could do a job with Nelson. He just couldn't do it with Morrison.

I've just started my van. I'll drive him up there for £10m ffs 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Can't see it myself. 29 years old. And far from a proven success at that level.

West Ham do like a Cardiff centre half.

Surprised by this one but then again ginger Pele did okay there.

10 million, if true, would be a huge boost for the kitty provided NH gets it to spend it!

Seems like the article refers to the Swansea captain being worth £10m. I’m sure Morrison would be much less

Take half of that for Morrison at the moment. Granted, our defence would be in tatters with him gone and we'd have to spend a chunk of that to replace him, so a bit of a pointless transfer. So probably wouldn't take that for him actually

As much as I like Morrison that's an offer he or the club could refuse .

Do people not understand what the latter means?

Morrison is a player I think could do a job at a higher level. You see a lot of average defenders going for a lot of money who aren't much better than Sean. We have replacements who aren't as good but for what people say about Flint his track record isn't as bad as what people make out.

WHU are also looking at Steve Cook from Bournemouth For £8m according to reports, so I would say £10m for Morrison is a bit far fetched.

Given the hysterics over the Patterson Transfer I'd be surprised if they let this happen.

Fantastic player at this level, has served us very well. If people think we look disjointed so far this season then I'm not looking forward to our defence without our captain in it.

Obviously if the money was tempting then I can't see the club turning it down, take the article with a pinch of salt though as it also says he can play left back. I suppose he could in a way, in much the same way he could play goalkeeper if he had to.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    £10m for Morrison? Yes. We're in a rebuilding stage. Flint could do a job with Nelson. He just couldn't do it with Morrison.
    I don’t know what is funnier here: that West Ham might be interested in Morrison and prepared to pay for him or that Flint could do a job (unless you mean a terrible one, as we have already seen?)

;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I don’t know what is funnier here: that West Ham might be interested in Morrison and prepared to pay for him or that Flint could do a job (unless you mean a terrible one, as we have already seen?)

;-)
    It's all about partnerships. Flint and Morrison didn't work as they are too similar. I remember the days of Johnson, Loovens and Purse. Loovens made the better partner for the other two. Purse and Johnson together wasn't great.

Everyone saying "£10m for Morrison!" just blatantly showing they didn't read the article.

If he moves we'll get £5m for him, max.

If we sell Morrison for £5m id be seriously pissed off.

Even if something like this were true (it isn’t) would you have faith in the board doing a deal to re-invest the money in the squad or the academy? We’re a club that patches things up and hopes for the best with no long term vision.

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    Even if something like this were true (it isn’t) would you have faith in the board doing a deal to re-invest the money in the squad or the academy? We’re a club that patches things up and hopes for the best with no long term vision.
    And if it were true I wonder how West Ham fans would view their club.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    WHU are also looking at Steve Cook from Bournemouth For £8m according to reports, so I would say £10m for Morrison is a bit far fetched.
    18m is the figure reported on Sky page.

He was fairly rubbish when we were in the Prem and he's 29 now. Absolute non starter

Transfermarkt value him at £3.6m.
    He’s got a contract until June 2022. They valued Paterson at just under £3m and look what happened there.
    West Ham probably see him as a cheap option, so even £5m seems lot.
    I’d prefer if we could persuade them to buy Flint, personally.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sean.../spieler/79723

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    He was fairly rubbish when we were in the Prem and he's 29 now. Absolute non starter
    they only have 3 CB if rice is going to stay in midfield, so they're probably after some cover

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    they only have 3 CB if rice is going to stay in midfield, so they're probably after some cover
    Yep, he would not be starting.
    Probably his last chance to play in the Premier though (without trying to sound too defeatist).

Decent fee offered let him go.

Those who think Morrison should be sold to West Ham will be the first to complain when our defence falls apart without him. Morrison is the one constant and consistent performer in our defence and it would be a huge mistake to sell him even for £10m which is not anywhere near the amount that will be paid. Those that mention they would sell him for even £5m are way off the mark when you consider we paid £4m for Flint. Is Morrison worth more a £1m for Flint. You betcha.