+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Premier League non televised matches to be streamed as PPV

Premier League non televised matches to be streamed as PPV

The non televised games are to be streamed for £14.95.

The fans of the top clubs are not happy at all.

Re: Premier League non televised matches to be streamed as PPV

Ah shame that, they might have to spend some money to watch their club like a normal fan. My heart goes out to them.

I'm trying not to cry 😢

They won’t need or want us fans back the way we’re heading.😟

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Ah shame that, they might have to spend some money to watch their club like a normal fan.
    Are fans of Premier League clubs abnormal?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Are fans of Premier League clubs abnormal?
    Apologies if that comment is difficult for you to understand.

You're abnormal however. Do you not have a street being closed to cry about or is it just facetious comments online for you today?

Odious little man.

You're abnormal however. Do you not have a street being closed to cry about or is it just facetious comments online for you today?

Odious little man.

I'm abnormal.....

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    They won’t need or want us fans back the way we’re heading.😟
    Fantastic news for all the Man Utd and Liverpool fans in Dublin, Southampton and Norwich who have never visited any of the grounds

Incidentally, it was a difficult comment for me to understand.

Are you saying that supporters of Burnley, West Brom, Brighton, Southampton, Sheffield United. Fulham (don't start, Blue Lewj....), Leicester, etc, aren't 'normal' fans?

If not, what are you saying?

I thought Sludge would have been all over this

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I thought Sludge would have been all over this
    Give it time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Incidentally, it was a difficult comment for me to understand.

Are you saying that supporters of Burnley, West Brom, Brighton, Southampton, Sheffield United. Fulham (don't start, Blue Lewj....), Leicester, etc, aren't 'normal' fans?

If not, what are you saying?
    The only club to vote against it apparently

The fans who aren't happy are the ones who have already forked out a big wodge of cash for their season tickets. Now they're being asked to pay again, and that's what they're unhappy about. And to be honest, I would be too, if it was me.
    It'll be sorted out. My guess is that they'll end up getting some sort of refund, or like Cardiff season ticket holders, they will get some sort of free pass. I don't think this story has finished yet.

Premier league football doesn't appear to be a viable business model if you're having to ask fans to fork out £14.95 to watch individual games on a computer. Wonder if Manchester City chairman sees it the same?

Henry Winter: https://twitter.com/henrywinter/stat...81980575674370

£14.95 to watch a game on pay per view is disgraceful. £5, ok, but £14.95? It's disgusting. At a time when PL clubs spent £1.2bn on players. When they'll give agents £200m. When so many families are struggling. The creed of greed is in
    @premierleague DNA but this truly stinks.

The @premierleague needs to be very careful here. I'm lucky to go to games behind closed doors - and full respect to players for giving everything - but games soulless without fans. PL risks alienating fans with its blatant greed. When fans can return in 6 months, will they all?
    Part of selling the premier league is the full stadiums and excitement generated by crowds. If football fans remain disorganised and rush back without a second delay then this greedy behaviour will continue with supporters losing out time and again.

Ah shame that, they might have to spend some money to watch their club like a normal fan. My heart goes out to them.
    Didn't realise season tickets were free in the Premier League.

Ive got a city season ticket,pay a tenner to watch the away games.Thats where it ends for me.
    I dont pay for Sky sports and certainly wont be paying 15 quid to watch teams I couldn't give a **** about.

Am I the only one who feels it may set a dangerous precedent? Commercially if this is a success or becomes viable in the future you can guarantee the big clubs will start wondering why don’t they bin off the wider tv deals for their own enterprises this reducing the amount of shared monies more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Am I the only one who feels it may set a dangerous precedent? Commercially if this is a success or becomes viable in the future you can guarantee the big clubs will start wondering why don’t they bin off the wider tv deals for their own enterprises this reducing the amount of shared monies more.
    Is / Wasn't that the Spanish model?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Is / Wasn't that the Spanish model?
    Think (?) they have one tv deal but Barcelona and Real Madrid get bigger shares?

I’d be concerned if Liverpool or United thought they could go it alone, start charging for their games on a Saturday and what that could mean to smaller clubs who were playing at the same time.

I didn’t think it would be long before they started taking advantage of the situation. For all their billions the Premier League is morally bankrupt.

I couldn't believe what I was reading in some of early messages in this thread - talk about getting the wrong end of the stick!

I didn’t think it would be long before they started taking advantage of the situation. For all their billions the Premier League is morally bankrupt.
    I’m surprised it hasn’t happened sooner. Most of the big clubs run their own media operations which include TV channels on satellite tv. City v Barnsley on a freezing January Saturday afternoon or Liverpool v Palace available on PPV? There’ll be a market for that domestically and globally they’d make a killing. None of this nonsense of sharing monies out either. The concerning part for me is that this model of TV provision would only sustain a handful of clubs and probably send 100s of local clubs professional, non league and amateur to the wall.

Out of interest, does anyone know City’s viewing figures for the ifollow games currently shown?

Apart from the price difference, isn't this the same as the EFL clubs streaming matches on iFollow?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    The fans who aren't happy are the ones who have already forked out a big wodge of cash for their season tickets. Now they're being asked to pay again, and that's what they're unhappy about.
    I think whether or not this deal is reasonable depends entirely on each club's arrangements with its own season ticket holders. For instance, I just Googled Southampton's season tickets for 2020/21. Apparently, their fans get an automatic full refund for every home game that is played behind closed doors, which is entirely fair. It's the fans' own choice as to whether or not they want to pay £15 to watch the game on TV if it hasn't already been selected for live TV coverage by Sky or BT Sport.

To me, £15 seems a shade expensive, but if you're getting a full refund on your season ticket costs anyway, it's not so bad. And, of course, if you have several family members in the same household who are supporters, it could work out reasonably cheap. One thing's for sure, the TV coverage will be immeasurably better than that which fans of Championship clubs are paying a tenner for. And the deal is also considerably better if Premier League fans are getting full refunds in their season tickets for matches they can't attend.

I don't the full details of the deal City season ticket holders have signed up for this year, but this PPV arrangement in the Premier League seems better all round - provided that, like Southampton fans, all other EPL season ticket holders are getting full refunds for games they can't attend.

Is the same true of the Championship? If not, what's the difference in terms of morals?