+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tipping Point

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tipping Point

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    that wasnt what i meant though

Being gay doesnt make you different these days, let alone a reason to be a celebrity
    I'd say that a top level sportsman coming out as gay does in some way make a person 'different' In a positive way. The difference is ramped up because so few sportsman come out as gay. There's still plenty of Homophobia in sport, not just at fan level but in the boardroom as well. Gareth Thomas may well be a bit of a tool, i've never taken any interest in him, but to say that he's not different or unique is wrong in my opinion.

Re: Tipping Point

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'd say that a top level sportsman coming out as gay does in some way make a person 'different' In a positive way. The difference is ramped up because so few sportsman come out as gay. There's still plenty of Homophobia in sport, not just at fan level but in the boardroom as well. Gareth Thomas may well be a bit of a tool, i've never taken any interest in him, but to say that he's not different or unique is wrong in my opinion.
    Fair enough i can see what you mean about him being " different " and i fully agree it was a positive thing

While the above statement will make him a very minor celebrity in Wales and the Rugby world, I am still not sure where he fits into the bigger celebrity world ( even as a Z lister ) and how he can push his celebrity status further