Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Your desperation to defend a party you say you don't vote for is very strange. The point is that, as soon as the priority became local, rather than national, management of outbreaks, local politicians and health professionals became better equipped to respond because they were closer to the action so to speak. However, the obsession of this Government, and especially the rule breaker I referred to in my earlier post, to centralise everything takes priority every time to the detriment of the country, apart from it seems, some Cabinet members constituencies with higher infection rates than some under local lockdown measures.
As for the gimmick, it was typical of the UK Government's throughout the summer as they tried to run before they could walk - there were plenty in the scientific world who said at the time that we were coming out of lockdown measures too quickly, but, just as in America, money started to be more important than people when it comes to the virus in the UK months ago.
The economy is the health of our country ( Labour MP quite )

Those in work are in better health both in mind and body ( Labour MP quote )

Those in lockdowns are at health risk. ( Labour MP quote )
The youth today need help as much as the vulnerable and elderly. ( my view )

I do believe in local areas managing this but guided by one source of data, if I was Boris I'd do that and call them out for failing , strangely those authorities do have licence to police these matters.

Labour from its Northern Mayors and council leaders are at odds with Sir Kier , he has the chance on Tuesday to vote with Libereatarin Tories .

As your obviously a devout Labour voter , no matter who or what they say what is Labour policy and direction.

PS I do smell rat around southern areas being in lockdown when you match the Northern areas , equally why us Wales in lockdown how many are actually dying ??