+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: KV Kortrijk

KV Kortrijk

It’s interesting how Cardiff City don’t seem to have made use of the Vincent Tan connection with them of late.
    Surely the Belgian league would be a good proving ground for some of our young players, with the chance to play against Anderlecht, Gent and the like?

Re: KV Kortrijk

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    It’s interesting how Cardiff City don’t seem to have made use of the Vincent Tan connection with them of late.
    Surely the Belgian league would be a good proving ground for some of our young players, with the chance to play against Anderlecht, Gent and the like?
    There's a KV Kortrijk fan on a forum, saying the same thing about us-probably.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    When did we last hear from Uncle Vinnie? It's been a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    When did we last hear from Uncle Vinnie? It's been a while.
    Does he remember us?

doesn't look like that Malaysian kid that tan made them buy has played for them yet. at least not for the first team

You're right. It's interesting and frustrating too especially as the club's idea of preparing for surviving our last excursion into the Premier League was a gruelling pre-season test against the likes of Bodmin Town and Truro City (seriously, not knocking any of the Devon & Cornwall clubs).

Maybe there isn't much joined-up thinking at our club? The connections are there though (since at least 2015), I wish we would demonstrate some innovation and use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    You're right. It's interesting and frustrating too especially as the club's idea of preparing for surviving our last excursion into the Premier League was a gruelling pre-season test against the likes of Bodmin Town and Truro City (seriously, not knocking any of the Devon & Cornwall clubs).

Maybe there isn't much joined-up thinking at our club? The connections are there though (since at least 2015), I wish we would demonstrate some innovation and use them.
    our under 23s played them in a pre season friendly a few seasons ago didn't they? I think Kortrijk won easily

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    our under 23s played them in a pre season friendly a few seasons ago didn't they? I think Kortrijk won easily
    You're right. Though we won! There's a match report by Terry Phillips https://viewfromtheninian.com/2019/0...trijk-u-21s-1/ from 3rd August 2019. It seems there is some joined-up thinking after all! I had either forgotten (which is extremely likely these days) or just missed it. Thanks for the reply because it does make me feel better that the club is using its resources and connections.

The match report makes for interesting reading too, especially seeing our players involved. All pre-pandemic. What I'd give to be able to wander down and watch an U23 game now. No live football is driving me crazy.

You're right. Though we won! There's a match report by Terry Phillips https://viewfromtheninian.com/2019/0...trijk-u-21s-1/ from 3rd August 2019. It seems there is some joined-up thinking after all! I had either forgotten (which is extremely likely these days) or just missed it. Thanks for the reply because it does make me feel better that the club is using its resources and connections.

The match report makes for interesting reading too, especially seeing our players involved. All pre-pandemic. What I'd give to be able to wander down and watch an U23 game now. No live football is driving me crazy.
    Did we play them the season before as well?

edit - no that's just my memory playing tricks on me

heres a goal from the game we did pay though

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=474651856651755

Edit: meant to reply to Rjk

I honestly don't know. Will now probably find out we've been playing them every pre-season since the acquisition

In terms of players going between the two, I think It's only Ken Zohore, and Idris Saadi (who I had entirely forgotten about).
    Saadi is still at Strasbourg who were mid table in Ligue 1 last season - although he barely plays.

Did we play them the season before as well?

edit - no that's just my memory playing tricks on me

heres a goal from the game we did pay though

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=474651856651755
    That goal deserves a GIF! Thanks for that. Appreciated.

In terms of players going between the two, I think It's only Ken Zohore, and Idris Saadi (who I had entirely forgotten about).
    Saadi is still at Strasbourg who were mid table in Ligue 1 last season - although he barely plays.
    I'd forgotten Ken too, though I now recall Neil Warnock saying he was 'on his way back to Belgium' at some point so the dots should have connected. This is why I love this board. There are so many people with encyclopaedic memories

That was Warnock’s idea as he could live at home in Cornwall, ridiculous pre season preparations!