+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walking gear for the winter

Re: Walking gear for the winter

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Good for the soul , curtains for my ankle ligaments

I have enough problems following the taff trail
    I used to have terrible swelling and pain in my left ankle to the point where I could barely stand on it. The physio at the local clinic took a look and worked out my left leg is shorter than the right and left foot pronates. Inserts and strengthening exercises have done wonders. Very little pain or swelling now all for a few minutes examination. And she knows her football😉

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Decathlon do some decent gear and to be fair to them, its very well priced

We all have summer ( light ) and winter hiking boots from them, last week i purchased a few warm ( ish ) jackets, they were £15 each and i must admit they are good quality,
    indeed it is

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Depending where you are going to walk should determine your budget.
    I have just returned from Scotland where I walked 5 mountains including Ben Nevis. I doubt a £15 jacket would be my choice for a wet day on a mountain . As someone said layers dont need to be budget breaking but your top layer has to be of good quality at a minimum and shoes/ boots at least £100 for a decent pair that will last and keep your feet dry.
    When you get wet miles from home up a mountain, you appreciate you should have extended the budget , I wont be skimping on the important stuff again .
    Do a google search for the best value walking clothes for the type of walking you want to do.
    I wont be going up any mountains, I can assure you of that

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    I used to have terrible swelling and pain in my left ankle to the point where I could barely stand on it. The physio at the local clinic took a look and worked out my left leg is shorter than the right and left foot pronates. Inserts and strengthening exercises have done wonders. Very little pain or swelling now all for a few minutes examination. And she knows her football😉
    I tore my ankle ligaments and had an operation on them but it's never been right

I cant do mountains or big hills

Where is this clinic ?

Who does she support ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I tore my ankle ligaments and had an operation on them but it's never been right

I cant do mountains or big hills

Where is this clinic ?

Who does she support ?
    East of Offa's here in the Midlands. NHS not private....wait weeks to get in but worth it. She goes (went) to watch West Brom with her ST holder husband.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    East of Offa's here in the Midlands. NHS not private....wait weeks to get in but worth it. She goes (went) to watch West Brom with her ST holder husband.
    I like west Brom

Can't stand wolves but I like the baggies

I am beyond help , clearly , but my walking is strictly moderate , I dont go wading through streams