+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Whoever invented the international break....

Whoever invented the international break....

is a cruel and dastardly person that deserves a slow and agonizing death. LAME!

Re: Whoever invented the international break....

I watched Faroe Islands v Latvia just for a footie fix just now. Wasn’t actually too bad and they had a few fans there aswell banging a drum which was exciting!!

I cant watch the stuff , for clubs like us it hurts as we don't have the depth of squad to compensate for injuries and recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    I watched Faroe Islands v Latvia just for a footie fix just now. Wasn’t actually too bad and they had a few fans there aswell banging a drum which was exciting!!
    I'm watching the Nations League game Ukraine v Germany on German TV and there are fans in that stadium too.

Better than the old system of clubs having to release players for international duty and not being at full strength for their own games.

International football has its faults but it is still less ruined by money than the domestic game. I also love watching Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I'm watching the Nations League game Ukraine v Germany on German TV and there are fans in that stadium too.
    Where is the game being played?

This.

Apart from seeing English fans cry every two years I find international football boring.

Quite a few of the most memorable games I’ve attended have involved Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    This.

Apart from seeing English fans cry every two years I find international football boring.
    But you keep on popping up in threads about international football

I liked the home internationals as a kid, and then waiting for the players to come out after the game to get their autographs.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Quite a few of the most memorable games I’ve attended have involved Wales.
    Your country should always be more important than your club!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Club and country entirely compatible imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Not for me, I'm a Wales fan but I got into football because of going down the city, 99% of all matches I've been to in person have involved city.

With the initial post think it all depends, if Wales do well then I look forward to them, if not then if feels a slog, support them regardless but my excitement varies. Games against Ireland in the nations league in front of Roy Keane and his dog don't do much for me either.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Not for me, I'm a Wales fan but I got into football because of going down the city, 99% of all matches I've been to in person have involved city.

With the initial post think it all depends, if Wales do well then I look forward to them, if not then if feels a slog, support them regardless but my excitement varies. Games against Ireland in the nations league in front of Roy Keane and his dog don't do much for me either.
    Me neither; club comes first always. These breaks piss me off big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Me neither; club comes first always. These breaks piss me off big time.
    Clubs have to be first without them their is no International base , the countless international figures is really challenging, I just can't get enthusiastic, will admit the final stages of competions like World Cup is bearable, I'd never pay to watch again live though , haven't since the Yorath , Hughes era .

I've always disliked these international breaks. Weekends for me are all about Cardiff.

But with us not being able to attend games anyway now I do feel a bit lost on weekends. I'm not a big watcher of football on the telly anyway, so if I can't go to a game it doesn't feel as important to me whether it's the City or Wales.

I probably won't watch this afternoon but make the most of it being fine and try and get a few holes of golf in.

17/18 was great and I enjoyed the second half of 16/17, but, by and large, the truly memorable football games I've seen a side I've been supporting involved in for the past five or six years have tended to involve Wales more than City and this season I'm definitely into Wales more than City so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    I've always disliked these international breaks. Weekends for me are all about Cardiff.

But with us not being able to attend games anyway now I do feel a bit lost on weekends. I'm not a big watcher of football on the telly anyway, so if I can't go to a game it doesn't feel as important to me whether it's the City or Wales.

I probably won't watch this afternoon but make the most of it being fine and try and get a few holes of golf in.
    Yes best not to waste the day I might attack the garden got the last of my trees to chainsaw down .

Club over country for me always.

I like both and don’t see a need to prioritise. When I depart from this mortal coil I’d have to say that the top couple of games I will savour the most will have probably involved Wales.

Like many a city fan I look back with great fondness on that Sunday afternoon when we knocked Leeds off their perch all those years ago. But compared to that game against Belgium at the euros... I watched the former with my old man as a teenager, the latter I took a call from him with us both in tears at the end of the game. Ultimately that sums it up for me. Doesn’t mean I have to give up either.

But fairplay I’ve watched enough dross in between both with the city and Wales!

I have no problem with international tournaments and with the old format of midweek qualifying matches. It's the two-week gap in all club competitions that I can't stand.