+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Ampadu cannot tackle without fouling, and his forward passes invariably find the opposition."

Re: "Ampadu cannot tackle without fouling, and his forward passes invariably find the opposition."

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Regarding Woodburn, he'd played, and scored, for Liverpool in front of 50,000 plus at Anfield a month past his seventeenth birthday and scored the only goal of the game for his country at a packed Cardiff City Stadium in a must win match a month short of his eighteenth birthday - he had an awful lot of hype and adulation thrown at him at an age when he wasn't allowed to vote or drink in a pub.

If he has, as the rumours suggest, seen his career sidetracked by drink, then, being absolutely honest, I can only say that I would have, almost certainly, gone the same way as a seventeen year old if I had experienced a quarter of what he did and how many on here can say, with hand on heart, that they wouldn't have done the same at that age?
    Salutory lesson that he made his full Liverpool debut the same day as Trent Alexander Arnold. Given Woodburn got the plaudits it's significant and a little sad how their careers have diverged since. There are rumours that he may go to Holland on loan. Let's hope that puts him back on the right path and he can become a starman once again.

Re: "Ampadu cannot tackle without fouling, and his forward passes invariably find the opposition."

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He may have stopped developing, others caught him up, it happens. Some players are fantastic at an early age, show loads of promise, then that's it, they don't develop.
    he needs game time, and more of it than just Wales can give him

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Landau is right Springsteen latest album is sublime ,still influencing many bands at a very ripe old age , probably influenced countless f bands over the decades .
    You may like some Nils Lofgren, it's a great acoustic album if you've got a decent sound system..

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You may like some Nils Lofgren, it's a great acoustic album if you've got a decent sound system..

Got a few solo albums , think he teaches guitar on line , founded Grin and was in Crazy Horse ,well talented .

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    he needs game time, and more of it than just Wales can give him
    Is he Born To Run??

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    The "building a team around him" line was based on absolutely nothing, there's a good player in there but he's got a lot to learn. Grealish ran rings around him the other night
    He's a little hot headed as well

I have no doubt that Ampadu will develop into a top player, but he isn't one yet

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    He’s a good young player, I think he’ll eventually settle into a career as a good standard championship level performer.
    That's what I'm thinking too. He should be playing every week in the Championship now, instead of being a fringe player in the EPL or another European league. If Chelsea cared about him that much, they'd recall him and send him out to a decent Championship team where he could get some games under his belt. As it is, he's just wasting time.

If he became available to buy, how much does everyone think he's worth?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    That's what I'm thinking too. He should be playing every week in the Championship now, instead of being a fringe player in the EPL or another European league. If Chelsea cared about him that much, they'd recall him and send him out to a decent Championship team where he could get some games under his belt. As it is, he's just wasting time.

If he became available to buy, how much does everyone think he's worth?
    I'd have loved Ampadu on loan, would transform our attempts to play the ball out of defence

If I posted for everytime my mate had an opinion on a player

Ireland to win 10-0 (6 fouls in the box by Ampadu resulting in penalties, plus 4 wayward forward passes to the opposition that get smashed into the net).

Ireland to win 10-0 (6 fouls in the box by Ampadu resulting in penalties, plus 4 wayward forward passes to the opposition that get smashed into the net).
    how old are you?!

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    how old are you?!
    Might have to call WB “Ankles 2”

Phew your prediction is so close, if you had dropped the 1 in front of the 0 , you bloody had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Might have to call WB “Ankles 2”
    Pair of narcissistic clowns

Isn't it the Italian football mantra that if you need to tackle then you've already made a mistake as a defender?

Ampadu is 20, most of our players are under the age of 24. Can we just support them as they develop and enjoy the process?

Don't know what game he was watching. Our centrebacks weren't great (both guilty of giving the ball away cheaply at times), but I did rate them as our best players although I don't think anyone merited more than six out of ten.

Hennessy 5

Roberts 5
    Ampadu 6
    Rodon 6
    Davies 4

Smith 4
    Morrell 4

James 4
    Ramsey 5
    Wilson 4

Moore 5

Subs
    Levitt 4
    Williams 5
    Brooks 5

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Don't know what game he was watching. Our centrebacks weren't great (both guilty of giving the ball away cheaply at times), but I did rate them as our best players although I don't think anyone merited more than six out of ten.

Hennessy 5

Roberts 5
    Ampadu 6
    Rodon 6
    Davies 4

Smith 4
    Morrell 4

James 4
    Ramsey 5
    Wilson 4

Moore 5

Subs
    Levitt 4
    Williams 5
    Brooks 5
    I think I'd just give everyone 5

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He's a little hot headed as well

I have no doubt that Ampadu will develop into a top player, but he isn't one yet
    There all young including Woodburn, lots to achieve in the ame and life, lets hope for their careers and Wales they regroup , develop, learn and kick on as they all have huge potential .

"Ampadu cannot tackle without fouling, and his forward passes invariably find the opposition."

Bob's anonymous mate.

“Ethan is a talented player. Even more so than that, as a person, he’s so balanced and mature for such a young player. He’ll be a magnificent player.”

Ryan Giggs.
    Is it your opinion that Giggs is right about everything football related?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Is it your opinion that Giggs is right about everything football related?
    Everybody is allowed to have an opinion, even Giggs

Just watched some clips of him he looks a very good player considering he is still only 20 , if he progresses at this rate he will be some player in 3 years time .