Not my opinion, but that of a friend who I'd rate as knowledgeable about football in an e-mail I received off him overnight.

There's a famous quote from nearly fifty years ago by music critic Jon Landau about how he had seen the future of rock and roll and its name is Bruce Springsteen which always makes me think of Gluey and his attitude towards Ampadu.

I've always liked Bruce Springsteen, but thought that Landau quote was well over the top and my attitude when it comes to Ampadu is similar - I disagree with my friend as I think Ampadu is good enough to be in Wales' strongest starting eleven, but Gluey was talking last week about how Ryan Giggs has decided to build his team around someone who is far from an automatic choice at this stage of his career and, to be frank, has not had the impact on the senior game that was being predicted for him four or five years ago.

If he turns out to be the player I think he can be, I can see a time in the future when a Wales manager decides to build his team around Ethan Ampadu, but not yet.