+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Fishwhackers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Fishwhackers

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Football has never been a level playing field though. Admittedly there's a lot more money involved, although it could be said that the money has seen us prosper, even though we carry a shit load of debt. I don't like Sky and all that it brings, but i put that to the back of my mind and concentrate on the game. The industry that is football has never cared for supporters. I've no interest in the Premier league anyway. I do enjoy the welsh premier games though, that's simply from a personal perspective. Very relaxed, players look like they're enjoying the game, you can walk around and chat to people and it's cheap, although i certainly don't possess the emotional attachment that i have for The City, and that makes the difference for me.
    You summed it up in two words "emotional attachment". Might be fun being with your mates watching non-league football occasionally, but without experiencing the highs and lows of supporting your team, it doesn't quite fill that void.

A few years ago over the Christmas period I saw Wealdstone v Sutton United with my son and his brother-in-law. Very enjoyable, Bovril and pies aplenty but as soon as the game was over that was it. No disecting the performances of the players, no anticipation of the next game, nothing.

Re: The Fishwhackers

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    You summed it up in two words "emotional attachment". Might be fun being with your mates watching non-league football occasionally, but without experiencing the highs and lows of supporting your team, it doesn't quite fill that void.

A few years ago over the Christmas period I saw Wealdstone v Sutton United with my son and his brother-in-law. Very enjoyable, Bovril and pies aplenty but as soon as the game was over that was it. No disecting the performances of the players, no anticipation of the next game, nothing.
    Absolutely. It's a fun day out, o pressure, no emotional attachment. If i gave up on Cardiff City i couldn't really support another club. I may have an interest, but it wouldn't bother me in the same way City do.