+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Proper football on tonight.

Proper football on tonight.

I'm looking forward to the choice between Bradford v Harrogate or Wrexham v Maidenhead on TV tonight more than I would a Premier League match, is there something wrong with me?

Re: Proper football on tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm looking forward to the choice between Bradford v Harrogate or Wrexham v Maidenhead on TV tonight more than I would a Premier League match, is there something wrong with me?
    Me too Bob, I'm going for the Bradford game tonight....after the football LOCKDOWN over the weekend lol

ah....I hope I can get these in France....will go for the Wrexham game if I can......guaranteed no messing around with playing from the back....just honest endeavour.....I am fed up with premier and international football....and prima donnas....let's go back to grass roots.....

No.
    I watched the Yeovil v Wrexham game on YouTube on the weekend and enjoyed it more than either of the Welsh internationals.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    No.
    I watched the Yeovil v Wrexham game on YouTube on the weekend and enjoyed it more than either of the Welsh internationals.
    I would have enjoyed looking out of the window more than those two games.

No VAR either to stifle the flow of the game (although is would have been handy yesterday)

I wonder if fans of other sports do the same?

I guess some US sports fans do watch college football etc

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Fans who pack out the Principality Stadium for Welsh rugby matches flock week in, week out to watch their local clubs

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I would have enjoyed looking out of the window more than those two games.
    😅

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Fans who pack out the Principality Stadium for Welsh rugby matches flock week in, week out to watch their local clubs
    I noticed that the traffic in and out of the likes of Sardis Road and Rodney Parade is super crazy , gridlocked for hours 😳

FT: Bradford 0 - 1 Harrogate
    FT: Wrexham 0 - 1 Maidenhead

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Some? The top teams get crowds of 100,000+ every week. On a typical Saturday, over 3,000,000 people go to college football games.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Some? The top teams get crowds of 100,000+ every week. On a typical Saturday, over 3,000,000 people go to college football games.
    Yep true. I went to a college game in the 90s at Stanford and there was 90,000 there. 2 days later I went to a Monday night game at Candlestick Park to watch the 49ers play and there was 30,000 less people there. Granted Candlestick had a smaller capacity but many NFL games don't sell out where as college games do.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    FT: Bradford 0 - 1 Harrogate
    FT: Wrexham 0 - 1 Maidenhead
    18 years ago Bradford were relegated from the Premier league, whilst their neighbours Harrogate were winning Division 1 in the Northern Premier (8th tier).

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    18 years ago Bradford were relegated from the Premier league, whilst their neighbours Harrogate were winning Division 1 in the Northern Premier (8th tier).
    I watched the first half of the Wrexham game (they weren't very good I'm afraid) and the second half of the Bradford one - very impressed with Harrogate, they could go up on that form.

I watched the first half of the Wrexham game (they weren't very good I'm afraid) and the second half of the Bradford one - very impressed with Harrogate, they could go up on that form.
    I believe I'm correct in saying that since promotion and relegation (from / to the National League) no side has been relegated after their first season. The promoted clubs always stay up in their first campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I believe I'm correct in saying that since promotion and relegation (from / to the National League) no side has been relegated after their first season. The promoted clubs always stay up in their first campaign.
    On last night's evidence, Harrogate don't need to be bothered about relegation, I'd be a bit concerned if I were a, Barrow, Bluebird though = there's been no sort of momentum from last season there.