+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wenger

Wenger

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54513321

I don’t suppose his legacy was ever really in doubt but this is a nice article.. I’ll certainly buy the book.

Interesting points he makes on throw ins and touching the ball more than once as a free kick taker

Re: Wenger

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54513321

I don’t suppose his legacy was ever really in doubt but this is a nice article.. I’ll certainly buy the book.

Interesting points he makes on throw ins and touching the ball more than once as a free kick taker
    What is meant by the multiple touches for free kicks? so you can just touch the ball and run? a bit like rugby? that would be good

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    What is meant by the multiple touches for free kicks? so you can just touch the ball and run? a bit like rugby? that would be good
    Yes - I think that’s exactly what he means

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Yeah I think that would be good, also don't mind the idea of kick-ins instead of throw ins in your own half

As an attacker, one of the most annoying things must be having a break on and then the game slowing down as you are tactically fouled and have to wait for a team-mate to catch-up with you. As a defender, seeing attackers steal 5-10 paces from where the ball actually went out to throw it in. Does this solve both issues?

Not sure we need an international tournament every summer through or that Nation's league needs to be scrapped.