Thread: Brilliant rant from Ian Holloway re PL

Brilliant rant from Ian Holloway re PL

Re: Brilliant rant from Ian Holloway re PL

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Just listened to it. Yup, brilliant.

Arise Sir Ian

When I first heard about Liverpool and Man United's scheme on Sunday, it did seem a good deal for clubs like Grimsby at the time, but the more digging you do, the more you can understand why Holloway feels like he does. Clubs in the Football League are in serious trouble while crowds aren't allowed, but giving the richest more power for a few crumbs off their table is not the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    When I first heard about Liverpool and Man United's scheme on Sunday, it did seem a good deal for clubs like Grimsby at the time, but the more digging you do, the more you can understand why Holloway feels like he does. Clubs in the Football League are in serious trouble while crowds aren't allowed, but giving the richest more power for a few crumbs off their table is not the way to go.
    The day when the top teams feck off to a Euro super league can't come soon enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The day when the top teams feck off to a Euro super league can't come soon enough!
    Couldn't disagree more. That would be the end of football for me.

Even when we were in the basement there is something in knowing that you *could* rise to the top of the league and compete with the top teams in the country / europe.
    Take that away and you take away the heart of it for me.
    I also wouldn't have any interest in watching the new breakaway league, if that was something we could never be a part of

Well said that man.
    Always had time for Holloway, proper football man.

The plan stinks to high heaven and that Rick Parry (is it?) should take heed and forget the little sweetener he's (allegedly) been offered.

As IH says, football players clubs and fans need to be able to dream again and this plan will only make it harder.

How dare Wolves and Sheffield United come in and upset the apple cart!

Holloway must be a tory though proposing that the government take charge

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Even when we were in the basement there is something in knowing that you *could* rise to the top of the league and compete with the top teams in the country / europe.
    I also wouldn't have any interest in watching the new breakaway league, if that was something we could never be a part of
    If the big teams want a superleague then they can probably get one - they've done it before. What's left would be reduced to minor league status but it can still thrive. I think it would just need to be presented in a different way. Maintaining a 46 game trudge through the year would not make it a comparatively attractive proposition.

With regard to IH's talk of governance, don't FIFA and UEFA have laws about govt interference?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

I'd rather watch British players making a go of it, than the same 6 international All Star XI's running away with it every year. Let's face it, our previous two visits to the Premier League weren't much fun. I enjoy watching parks football, so anything above that would be a bonus.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    If the big teams want a superleague then they can probably get one - they've done it before. What's left would be reduced to minor league status but it can still thrive. I think it would just need to be presented in a different way. Maintaining a 46 game trudge through the year would not make it a comparatively attractive proposition.

With regard to IH's talk of governance, don't FIFA and UEFA have laws about govt interference?

Governance, as opposed to government, in a business context refers to the systems of rules, practices, structures and processes by which companies are governed. In this way, the corporate governance model followed is the distribution of rights and responsibilities by all participants in the organization. And depending on the type of organisation it is the system and process through which they may audited and the officers thereof are held accountable

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'd rather watch British players making a go of it, than the same 6 international All Star XI's running away with it every year. Let's face it, our previous two visits to the Premier League weren't much fun. I enjoy watching parks football, so anything above that would be a bonus.
    Yep its no longer a level playing field let them create better competitive leagues for the rest that then give clubs promoted to the top tier a feeling they can compete , not have to over extend to survive its not healthy to be dominated by a conglomerate of super rich clubs .

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Governance, as opposed to government, in a business context refers to the systems of rules, practices, structures and processes by which companies are governed. In this way, the corporate governance model followed is the distribution of rights and responsibilities by all participants in the organization. And depending on the type of organisation it is the system and process through which they may audited and the officers thereof are held accountable
    Ah, thanks for that. So, in this case, they'd need the FA to leap into action? Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Is a symptom of Covid19 agreeing with Holloway and Piers Morgan?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Ah, thanks for that. So, in this case, they'd need the FA to leap into action? Hmmm.

Well tbh there’s fk all chance of the turkey voting for Christmas