+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 91 to 119 of 119

Thread: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

  1. #91

    Re: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    England 🤣
    Maguire

    Torrid last few months for the lad.

  2. #92

    Re: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Impressed tonight. Much better from us. Warm glow.
    Looked better than previous games and missing some experienced players. Still need to finish more of our chances though.

  3. #93

    Re: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread


  4. #94

    Re: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    great result. by far the better team despite all the players missing.
    that wouldn't have happened under previous managers.
    but well done Wales i thought we were in for a tough night.

  5. #95

    Re: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

    Dead chuffed for Joniesta. That was a lovely goal from a really good build up. He should have started. A much better performance. I thought Rodon and Norrington-Davies did really well as did Neko Williams.
    So definitely positives. Both Tyler Roberts and Motondo did some good stuff but neither are going to score goals at this level.

    All things considered with all the players missing it’s a good night. Felt for Danny Ward not coming on.

  6. #96

    Re: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Maguire

    Torrid last few months for the lad.
    Most over rated players in the last few years,

  7. #97

    Re: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Dead chuffed for Joniesta. That was a lovely goal from a really good build up. He should have started. A much better performance. I thought Rodon and Norrington-Davies did really well as did Neko Williams.
    So definitely positives. Both Tyler Roberts and Motondo did some good stuff but neither are going to score goals at this level.

    All things considered with all the players missing it’s a good night. Felt for Danny Ward not coming on.
    bit harsh on Roberts and matondo, they're still young and need to play more

  8. #98

    Re: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

    It's an incredibly young side that's gone away from home and won a game having already played two away games in a very short period of time. I love the fact that Jonny crossed to Neco at home only for Neco to cross to Jonny away so guess the MotM has to be Lee Bowyer for his end product drills

    We have a loooong way to go but 10 points from 4 games and Giggs building this young team's cap count is really positive.

  9. #99

    Re: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    bit harsh on Roberts and matondo, they're still young and need to play more
    Agree. Matondo looked superb tonight.
    More games feeling comfortable starting every week and he could be some player.

    Don't think I'll ever tire of watching Johnny's goal tonight though.

  10. #100

    Re: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

    Harry Wilson worth £20m or £1m loan fee !!!!! Let Derby or the Swans have him, pleeeease !

  11. #101

    Re: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Agree. Matondo looked superb tonight.
    More games feeling comfortable starting every week and he could be some player.

    Don't think I'll ever tire of watching Johnny's goal tonight though.
    Agree that Matondo could turn out to be a decent player. Looking forward to see how he gets on with Bale, Ramsey and Joe Allen in the same side as him.

  12. #102

    Re: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

    Well that showed me !
    Best performance in ages. Was still wondering where the goal would actually come from but lovely to see Williams finally get a Welsh goal, fantastic finish. Another good debut and a strong performance from Neco Williams, excellent stuff again from giggsy.

  13. #103
    International City123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    5,560

    Re: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It's an incredibly young side that's gone away from home and won a game having already played two away games in a very short period of time. I love the fact that Jonny crossed to Neco at home only for Neco to cross to Jonny away so guess the MotM has to be Lee Bowyer for his end product drills

    We have a loooong way to go but 10 points from 4 games and Giggs building this young team's cap count is really positive.
    Average age of 22 and a half according to the commentator. Great result.

  14. #104

    Re: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    bit harsh on Roberts and matondo, they're still young and need to play more
    I donít think itís that harsh. I can see them scoring one in three v a Bulgaria level team at best.

    If Wales move up to pot 1 or whatever itís called they are one in 8.

  15. #105

    Re: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Harry Wilson worth £20m or £1m loan fee !!!!! Let Derby or the Swans have him, pleeeease !
    I thought he was pretty good.

  16. #106

    Re: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I thought he was pretty good.
    Admittedly I only saw a little of the 1st half and all the 2nd but all I saw was a grossly overrated player who misplaced passes and contributed little.

  17. #107

    Re: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Average age of 22 and a half according to the commentator. Great result.
    Considering that's going to be boosted by Hennessey (33 years old) and Ben Davies (27 years old), it's such a young XI.

    This international window has been a really difficult watch but Jonny Williams getting a goal and us winning away from home without Bale, Ramsey, Allen are such huge positives to finish on.

  18. #108

    Re: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Admittedly I only saw a little of the 1st half and all the 2nd but all I saw was a grossly overrated player who misplaced passes and contributed little.
    I thought he was quite lively and most of what we were doing was going through him. Bulgaria certainly looked keen to keep kicking him so he must have been doing something right.

    Cardiff certainly don't have anyone who plays in that kind of way currently.

  19. #109

    Re: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Considering that's going to be boosted by Hennessey (33 years old) and Ben Davies (27 years old), it's such a young XI.

    This international window has been a really difficult watch but Jonny Williams getting a goal and us winning away from home without Bale, Ramsey, Allen are such huge positives to finish on.
    Yes agreed. Much more positive tonight and there were some really good passages of play. I was commenting to my son what good build up it was just before Neko crosses into Johnny to score. That was a high quality goal.
    We will have to get used to no Bale and Ramsey in a few years to come so it’s important that we can win without them.

  20. #110

    Re: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yes agreed. Much more positive tonight and there were some really good passages of play. I was commenting to my son what good build up it was just before Neko crosses into Johnny to score. That was a high quality goal.
    We will have to get used to no Bale and Ramsey in a few years to come so it’s important that we can win without them.
    And to do so with an inexperienced side augers well.

  21. #111

    Re: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yes agreed. Much more positive tonight and there were some really good passages of play. I was commenting to my son what good build up it was just before Neko crosses into Johnny to score. That was a high quality goal.
    We will have to get used to no Bale and Ramsey in a few years to come so it’s important that we can win without them.
    I still don't know how much credit Giggs is deserving but maybe "the Toshack years" are being processed with pace with help of Nation's League.

  22. #112

    Re: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I still don't know how much credit Giggs is deserving but maybe "the Toshack years" are being processed with pace with help of Nation's League.
    This Nations tournament, even though we sit proudly on top, hasn't been a great watch.

    However, Giggs has guided us to a major tournament, after looking down and out fairly early on in the group stages, being pretty bold in his team selections knowing that one slip would mean failure.

    These past few games have been as boring as it gets but Wales have managed to grind out some points with a threadbare squad and key players missing.

    Giggs is not everyone's fave but he definitely deserves a lot of credit.

  23. #113

    Re: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

    Jesus. I missed the game so I'm trying to find highlights on YouTube. All the clips are ****ing video games! WTF is wrong with people?

  24. #114

    Re: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Jesus. I missed the game so I'm trying to find highlights on YouTube. All the clips are ****ing video games! WTF is wrong with people?

    I noticed the same thing. Frustrating as hell trying to get a video of the actual game. The only give-away that it's probably a video is the amount of 'dislikes' it has received.

  25. #115

    Re: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I noticed the same thing. Frustrating as hell trying to get a video of the actual game. The only give-away that it's probably a video is the amount of 'dislikes' it has received.
    Might find it here later on
    https://www.footballorgin.com/

  26. #116

  27. #117

    Re: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

    Is Ryan back in vogue ??

  28. #118

    Re: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    This Nations tournament, even though we sit proudly on top, hasn't been a great watch.

    However, Giggs has guided us to a major tournament, after looking down and out fairly early on in the group stages, being pretty bold in his team selections knowing that one slip would mean failure.

    These past few games have been as boring as it gets but Wales have managed to grind out some points with a threadbare squad and key players missing.

    Giggs is not everyone's fave but he definitely deserves a lot of credit.

    Lots of time left to hate him , remember fans booing Coleman in his first few games.

  29. #119

    Re: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Is Ryan back in vogue ??
    I'm going to cop out of answering and say it's too early to say. Wiki tells us he's had twenty-four games as a Wales manager and I think, if he's being honest, he's happy with about three or four of those despite having won half his overall games.

    As far as I can tell, we have three games this year in November, three games next year in March (World Cup qualifiers?) and then we're into pre-tournament friendlies (three more games if replicating 2016 pre) getting ready for our first fixture against Switzerland. A lot can change in nine games but it also feels as if we're still learning how he wants us to play and developing the depth of talent he really wants.

    By November 2021 I'll be able to say whether I think Giggs has been good or not and not before

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •