+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: BULGARIA 0 - 1 WALES. Match thread

Harry Wilson worth £20m or £1m loan fee !!!!! Let Derby or the Swans have him, pleeeease !

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Harry Wilson worth £20m or £1m loan fee !!!!! Let Derby or the Swans have him, pleeeease !
    I thought he was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Agree. Matondo looked superb tonight.
    More games feeling comfortable starting every week and he could be some player.

Don't think I'll ever tire of watching Johnny's goal tonight though.
    Agree that Matondo could turn out to be a decent player. Looking forward to see how he gets on with Bale, Ramsey and Joe Allen in the same side as him.

Well that showed me !
    Best performance in ages. Was still wondering where the goal would actually come from but lovely to see Williams finally get a Welsh goal, fantastic finish. Another good debut and a strong performance from Neco Williams, excellent stuff again from giggsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I thought he was pretty good.
    Admittedly I only saw a little of the 1st half and all the 2nd but all I saw was a grossly overrated player who misplaced passes and contributed little.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Admittedly I only saw a little of the 1st half and all the 2nd but all I saw was a grossly overrated player who misplaced passes and contributed little.
    I thought he was quite lively and most of what we were doing was going through him. Bulgaria certainly looked keen to keep kicking him so he must have been doing something right.

Cardiff certainly don't have anyone who plays in that kind of way currently.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I still don't know how much credit Giggs is deserving but maybe "the Toshack years" are being processed with pace with help of Nation's League.
    This Nations tournament, even though we sit proudly on top, hasn't been a great watch.

However, Giggs has guided us to a major tournament, after looking down and out fairly early on in the group stages, being pretty bold in his team selections knowing that one slip would mean failure.

These past few games have been as boring as it gets but Wales have managed to grind out some points with a threadbare squad and key players missing.

Giggs is not everyone's fave but he definitely deserves a lot of credit.

Jesus. I missed the game so I'm trying to find highlights on YouTube. All the clips are ****ing video games! WTF is wrong with people?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Jesus. I missed the game so I'm trying to find highlights on YouTube. All the clips are ****ing video games! WTF is wrong with people?

I noticed the same thing. Frustrating as hell trying to get a video of the actual game. The only give-away that it's probably a video is the amount of 'dislikes' it has received.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I noticed the same thing. Frustrating as hell trying to get a video of the actual game. The only give-away that it's probably a video is the amount of 'dislikes' it has received.
    Might find it here later on
    https://www.footballorgin.com/

Is Ryan back in vogue ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Is Ryan back in vogue ??
    I'm going to cop out of answering and say it's too early to say. Wiki tells us he's had twenty-four games as a Wales manager and I think, if he's being honest, he's happy with about three or four of those despite having won half his overall games.

As far as I can tell, we have three games this year in November, three games next year in March (World Cup qualifiers?) and then we're into pre-tournament friendlies (three more games if replicating 2016 pre) getting ready for our first fixture against Switzerland. A lot can change in nine games but it also feels as if we're still learning how he wants us to play and developing the depth of talent he really wants.

By November 2021 I'll be able to say whether I think Giggs has been good or not and not before

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    This Nations tournament, even though we sit proudly on top, hasn't been a great watch.

However, Giggs has guided us to a major tournament, after looking down and out fairly early on in the group stages, being pretty bold in his team selections knowing that one slip would mean failure.

These past few games have been as boring as it gets but Wales have managed to grind out some points with a threadbare squad and key players missing.

Giggs is not everyone's fave but he definitely deserves a lot of credit.

Lots of time left to hate him , remember fans booing Coleman in his first few games.