+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Harry Wilson - Speculation thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Harry Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Or worth 20mm.
    Harry Wilson is 23 and has only really performed at Championship Level, i suspect that's his limit, not sure he'll kick on going on loan every season, shirley he needs to settle somewhere to do that?
    Wilson got 7 premier league goals last season in a struggling side, which is more than many of Liverpool’s midfield players, more than Origi, only 2 fewer than Firmino and the same amount as their new £40m signing Jota. Only one season so a limited sample, but given he’s still young there’s still the potential for him to be a competent premier league player for a mid ranking team.

Quote Originally Posted by Swbluebird View Post
    Wilson got 7 premier league goals last season in a struggling side, which is more than many of Liverpool’s midfield players, more than Origi, only 2 fewer than Firmino and the same amount as their new £40m signing Jota. Only one season so a limited sample, but given he’s still young there’s still the potential for him to be a competent premier league player for a mid ranking team.
    That stat has absolutely zero relevance.

I'll stick to my guns here and say he's destined for a very successful career in the 2nd tier of English football (like most of the current welsh team) and there is absolutely no shame in that.

I hope he proves me wrong, i really do.

I'll stick to my guns here and say he's destined for a very successful career in the 2nd tier of English football (like most of the current welsh team) and there is absolutely no shame in that.

As an attacking midfield player, who is generally tasked with the scoring and creation of goals, I'd say it has a fair amount of relevance.

Scoring goals in the Premier League is not an easy job, Wilson did a reasonably good job of that last season.
    He seemed to tail off towards the latter part of the campaign, specifically when Bournemouth's form went off a cliff (as did the form of most of their squad), but to all but write him off after a promising, if unspectacular first season at that level is just overly negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Swbluebird View Post
    As an attacking midfield player, who is generally tasked with the scoring and creation of goals, I'd say it has a fair amount of relevance.

Scoring goals in the Premier League is not an easy job, Wilson did a reasonably good job of that last season.
    He seemed to tail off towards the latter part of the campaign, specifically when Bournemouth's form went off a cliff (as did the form of most of their squad), but to all but write him off after a promising, if unspectacular first season at that level is just overly negative.
    That'll be a great comfort for Bournemouth.

Not overly negative, I like Harry Wilson and think he's a fine player but i suspect that unless he finds a team where he can feature regularly he'll not kick on. Which is what i said in my original post. The reality now looking like another season in the Championship. Maybe, just maybe that's where he belongs?

I'm not saying that stat is the be all and end all but you can't say it has absolutely zero relevance. He's not going to be anywhere near a Ramsey but he can absolutely have a career in the Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm not saying that stat is the be all and end all but you can't say it has absolutely zero relevance. He's not going to be anywhere near a Ramsey but he can absolutely have a career in the Premier League
    Sure 7 goals is a very good a return but to draw comparison to the other players, please!

We'll just have to see how it pans out. I thought i was clear that if he's to kick on he needs a permanent move. I defiantly didn't write him off but without my welsh goggles on and it seems that Liverpool were not exactly beating off suitors, he looks destined for another season in the Championship. Then again maybe Klopp see's sense and drops Firmino