+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 169

Thread: Harry Wilson - Speculation thread

  1. #91

    Re: Harry Wilson

    Id be pissed off if we pay any sort of loan fee to them. They can feck off.

  2. #92

    Re: Harry Wilson

    I wonder if it's a case of staying in the game until deadline day, at which point the fee might be different

  3. #93

    Re: Harry Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Is that a yes or a no ??

  4. #94

    Re: Harry Wilson

    It's going to take him a month or two to get up to speed but a very good player at championship level with still room to grow if we get an unlikely promotion.

    We're told we're looking at two players and could still end up with no one. Trouble is, I think we're two players away from being as good as last year when, despite finishing fifth, we squeezed into the play-offs. Are the standards of last year good enough to get back into play-offs this year?

  5. #95

    Re: Harry Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It's going to take him a month or two to get up to speed but a very good player at championship level with still room to grow if we get an unlikely promotion.

    We're told we're looking at two players and could still end up with no one. Trouble is, I think we're two players away from being as good as last year when, despite finishing fifth, we squeezed into the play-offs. Are the standards of last year good enough to get back into play-offs this year?
    I think we are a side that could finish anywhere between 5th and 22nd.

  6. #96

    Re: Harry Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I wonder if it's a case of staying in the game until deadline day, at which point the fee might be different
    James Pearce in the Athletic saying we've paid £1m and are covering his wages. I'm very excited though, he's a Premier League talent.

  7. #97

    Re: Harry Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    James Pearce in the Athletic saying we've paid £1m and are covering his wages. I'm very excited though, he's a Premier League talent.
    https://www.sportekz.com/football/li...yers-salaries/

    This dubious link suggests he's on 60k - I can't imagine we'd be prepared to pay that much.
    It's probably not correct though is it?

  8. #98

    Re: Harry Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Dunno how reliable this site is, but it's saying Wilson is in Cardiff for a medical.

    https://www.footballinsider247.com/h...cal-liverpool/
    We are interested in him too but seeing the same as you. Cardiff medical. A very good loan signing and the loan fee is fair

  9. #99

    Re: Harry Wilson

    Sky Sports breaking news headline is Liverpool agree 1.2m loan move with Cardiff.

  10. #100

    Re: Harry Wilson

    I'm tired of worrying or thinking too much in terms of the clubs finances, do enough of that balancing at home. So as a supporter of Cardiff City I think that would be a terrific signing, just what we need.

  11. #101

    Re: Harry Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Sky Sports breaking news headline is Liverpool agree 1.2m loan move with Cardiff.
    You are apparently paying his wages too but it’s a fair deal for a top end Championship player.

  12. #102

    Re: Harry Wilson

    One of the most exciting signings we've had in a while if it comes off.

  13. #103

    Re: Harry Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    You are apparently paying his wages too but it’s a fair deal for a top end Championship player.
    Dont agree. Ridiculous paying that sort of loan fee.

  14. #104

    Re: Harry Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Dont agree. Ridiculous paying that sort of loan fee.
    imagine we'd signed him on a 3 year contract, for 3 times that loan fee, nobody would be complaining then?

    the only thing we don't get is any resale value, but that doesn't seem to have been much of a consideration in many of our signings over the past 5 years

  15. #105

    Re: Harry Wilson

    Yeah around £4m permanent fair price. Id have been happy with that.

  16. #106

    Re: Harry Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Dont agree. Ridiculous paying that sort of loan fee.
    We paid £3 million for Vydra on loan for a season a few years ago. Liverpool value Wilson at £15 million plus having turned down a £12 million bid from Burnley. I think this is a very decent deal for Cardiff and would have felt that way if Reading had signed him. He is worth the loan fee.

  17. #107

    Re: Harry Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yeah around £4m permanent fair price. Id have been happy with that.

    No chance. Top end Championship players go for a lot more than that. Just look at what West Ham are paying for Benarahma.

  18. #108

    Re: Harry Wilson

    Think he will be perfect playing off just behind big Kieffer Moore 👍

  19. #109

    Re: Harry Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Is that a yes or a no ??
    Iím taking it as heís not quite as connected as he once was, whichíd be a shame

  20. #110

  21. #111

    Wilson signing.....

    Should keep us away from the relegation trap door...🤗🤗

  22. #112

    Re: Wilson signing.....

    Hell of a statement by the club. So happy with this.

  23. #113

    Re: Wilson signing.....

    BLOODY HELL.....

  24. #114

    Re: Wilson signing.....

    Buzzing with this - great signing , finally some ambition from the board. Would love another attacker in

  25. #115

    Re: Wilson signing.....

    I just canít get exited until itís confirmed. There are a lot of clubs on the drive from Liverpool to Cardiff

  26. #116

    Re: Wilson signing.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishbluebird27 View Post
    Buzzing with this - great signing , finally some ambition from the board. Would love another attacker in
    Woodrow

  27. #117

    Re: Wilson signing.....

    Don't think we needed a 3rd thread to talk about Wilson signing.

  28. #118

    Re: Wilson signing.....

    Just been confirmed on BBC News 👌

  29. #119

    Re: Harry Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Dont agree. Ridiculous paying that sort of loan fee.
    It compares favourably to other deals in recent years.

    Take Flint for example...

    Signed for £4m in the summer of 2019 on a 3 year contract. £1m/year salary cost. So total cost £7m... £2.3m a year.


    Total cost of Wilson deal £1.2m plus 7 months salary...£2.3m?!

    One gives us a chance at promotion, the other doesn't.

  30. #120

    Re: Harry Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Dont agree. Ridiculous paying that sort of loan fee.
    He's worth at least 12m to Burnley, we've paid a 10th of that. We don't get any resale value but we get a terrific player and apparently we have first option to sign him if we go up. I mean, we won't go up but still. It is a tremendously exciting deal, he got 15 in 41 for Derby. Nice to have another welsh player, too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •