+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Harry Wilson - Speculation thread

Harry Wilson - Speculation thread

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...inked-19097235

I'd love it if we could bring him and Woodrow in. Almost certainly won't happen, but its nice to dream

Re: Harry Wilson

We should try to buy Wilson. He's never going make it at Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We should try to buy Wilson. He's never going make it at Liverpool.
    I doubt you could afford him. Apparently Liverpool turned down a £12 million bid from Burnley and want £20 million for him.

all these names linked have been mentioned on the internet by random websites and then elaborated by Wales On Line .

I'm surprised they did not tweet 20 times that Joe Bennett was linked to Stoke because of a typo on here

They asked a question 'should cardiff go for harry wilson' and then ran it as a story linking wilson to cardiff and swansea.

social media journalism and at a level no higher than our speculation. Joe Lovejoy, Karl Woodward, Terry Phillips, Rob Phillips etc never went this low for clickbait articles.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    all these names linked have been mentioned on the internet by random websites and then elaborated by Wales On Line .

I'm surprised they did not tweet 20 times that Joe Bennett was linked to Stoke because of a typo on here

They asked a question 'should cardiff go for harry wilson' and then ran it as a story linking wilson to cardiff and swansea.

social media journalism and at a level no higher than our speculation. Joe Lovejoy, Karl Woodward, Terry Phillips, Rob Phillips etc never went this low for clickbait articles.
    It is pretty dire and those dreadul advertising that pops up between the paragraphs are awful ,I avoid it now .

The pessimist in me says what’s the point in bringing Wilson in when we’re going nowhere. Save the wages

If it came off (which it certainly won’t) Would be a good addition but will he play the 10 or slightly wider

Can you still buy hard copies of the Western Mail and the Echo?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Can you still buy hard copies of the Western Mail and the Echo?
    yeah. and the echo is now on sale in the morning!!!

John Percy at the Telegraph is saying we are in for him. He's about as reputable as it gets. Derby, Forest and the Jacks are in the chase.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    John Percy at the Telegraph is saying we are in for him. He's about as reputable as it gets. Derby, Forest and the Jacks are in the chase.
    wow that would be a bit of a coup.

Maybe he'd like to link up with Kieffer Moore and Will Vaulks all season ahead of the euro's

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    wow that would be a bit of a coup.

Maybe he'd like to link up with Kieffer Moore and Will Vaulks all season ahead of the euro's
    Jacks are in the driving seat for his signature evidently. Liverpool are seemingly impressed with the way Brewster came on down there which increased his sale value, guess they are hoping Cooper can add value to Wilson too!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

They do it often, it's so poor.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Jacks are in the driving seat for his signature evidently. Liverpool are seemingly impressed with the way Brewster came on down there which increased his sale value, guess they are hoping Cooper can add value to Wilson too!
    yep that's a good point

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    also unlikely that Liverpool would want to loan us 2 right wingers as it means that one of them isn't getting game time

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    also unlikely that Liverpool would want to loan us 2 right wingers as it means that one of them isn't getting game time
    Thats ok then because Wilson isn't a right winger.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Glad he's got political sense, then.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I mean, he's played there more times than in all other positions put together, but ok

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I doubt you could afford him. Apparently Liverpool turned down a £12 million bid from Burnley and want £20 million for him.
    One of the things wrong with football, clubs having players that they reckon are worth £20m yet they’re nowhere near their first team.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    One of the things wrong with football, clubs having players that they reckon are worth £20m yet they’re nowhere near their first team.
    Or worth 20mm.
    Harry Wilson is 23 and has only really performed at Championship Level, i suspect that's his limit, not sure he'll kick on going on loan every season, shirley he needs to settle somewhere to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Or worth 20mm.
    Harry Wilson is 23 and has only really performed at Championship Level, i suspect that's his limit, not sure he'll kick on going on loan every season, shirley he needs to settle somewhere to do that?
    Wilson got 7 premier league goals last season in a struggling side, which is more than many of Liverpool’s midfield players, more than Origi, only 2 fewer than Firmino and the same amount as their new £40m signing Jota. Only one season so a limited sample, but given he’s still young there’s still the potential for him to be a competent premier league player for a mid ranking team.

Or worth 20mm.
    A top championship player is worth 15m at least these days.
    Wilson has demonstrated that he can perform in the premier league (without being outstanding at that level so far) and at 23 there is still a potential upside to that figure.

I think £20m is about right, but you can't blame someone chancing their arm with a bit of £12m in this current market.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    They'd have got 20m pre COVID. Easily. Bournemouth want 50m for Brooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Swbluebird View Post
    Wilson got 7 premier league goals last season in a struggling side, which is more than many of Liverpool’s midfield players, more than Origi, only 2 fewer than Firmino and the same amount as their new £40m signing Jota. Only one season so a limited sample, but given he’s still young there’s still the potential for him to be a competent premier league player for a mid ranking team.
    That stat has absolutely zero relevance.

I'll stick to my guns here and say he's destined for a very successful career in the 2nd tier of English football (like most of the current welsh team) and there is absolutely no shame in that.

I hope he proves me wrong, i really do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They'd have got 20m pre COVID. Easily. Bournemouth want 50m for Brooks.
    Wasn't this summer the highest ever spending for the Premier League?

That stat has absolutely zero relevance.

I'll stick to my guns here and say he's destined for a very successful career in the 2nd tier of English football (like most of the current welsh team) and there is absolutely no shame in that.

I hope he proves me wrong, i really do.
    As an attacking midfield player, who is generally tasked with the scoring and creation of goals, I'd say it has a fair amount of relevance.

Scoring goals in the Premier League is not an easy job, Wilson did a reasonably good job of that last season.
    He seemed to tail off towards the latter part of the campaign, specifically when Bournemouth's form went off a cliff (as did the form of most of their squad), but to all but write him off after a promising, if unspectacular first season at that level is just overly negative.