+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Harry Wilson - Speculation thread

Re: Harry Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Or worth 20mm.
    Harry Wilson is 23 and has only really performed at Championship Level, i suspect that's his limit, not sure he'll kick on going on loan every season, shirley he needs to settle somewhere to do that?
    20mm!!! That’s less than an inch

Quote Originally Posted by Swbluebird View Post
    As an attacking midfield player, who is generally tasked with the scoring and creation of goals, I'd say it has a fair amount of relevance.

Scoring goals in the Premier League is not an easy job, Wilson did a reasonably good job of that last season.
    He seemed to tail off towards the latter part of the campaign, specifically when Bournemouth's form went off a cliff (as did the form of most of their squad), but to all but write him off after a promising, if unspectacular first season at that level is just overly negative.
    That'll be a great comfort for Bournemouth.

Not overly negative, I like Harry Wilson and think he's a fine player but i suspect that unless he finds a team where he can feature regularly he'll not kick on. Which is what i said in my original post. The reality now looking like another season in the Championship. Maybe, just maybe that's where he belongs?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    One of the things wrong with football, clubs having players that they reckon are worth £20m yet they’re nowhere near their first team.
    He's not worth £20M. He's a good Championship player. If he was English, he wouldn't get near their national team.

Most of the latest online noise suggests Swansea are favourites to land Wilson on loan - because Liverpool are no longer insisting on a sale (will agree a season loan) and because of the successful Brewster loan last season. They play football 'the right way' you know!

Derby and Forest also reported to have tabled loan bids to Liverpool. Cardiff and Norwich usually mentioned in dispatches as 'interested'.

looks like we shot our bolt too early with Ojo

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    That stat has absolutely zero relevance.

I'll stick to my guns here and say he's destined for a very successful career in the 2nd tier of English football (like most of the current welsh team) and there is absolutely no shame in that.

I hope he proves me wrong, i really do.
    I'm not saying that stat is the be all and end all but you can't say it has absolutely zero relevance. He's not going to be anywhere near a Ramsey but he can absolutely have a career in the Premier League

Liverpool allegedly demanding a loan fee of 'well in excess' of £1m for a season-long Harry Wilson loan deal.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm not saying that stat is the be all and end all but you can't say it has absolutely zero relevance. He's not going to be anywhere near a Ramsey but he can absolutely have a career in the Premier League
    Sure 7 goals is a very good a return but to draw comparison to the other players, please!

We'll just have to see how it pans out. I thought i was clear that if he's to kick on he needs a permanent move. I defiantly didn't write him off but without my welsh goggles on and it seems that Liverpool were not exactly beating off suitors, he looks destined for another season in the Championship. Then again maybe Klopp see's sense and drops Firmino

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Liverpool allegedly demanding a loan fee of 'well in excess' of £1m for a season-long Harry Wilson loan deal.
    I'd like to be proved wrong because I think they'd both be good signings for us, but I reckon it's a case of one of Wilson and Woodrow for City - think we may end up with the latter mind.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'd like to be proved wrong because I think they'd both be good signings for us, but I reckon it's a case of one of Wilson and Woodrow for City - think we may end up with the latter mind.
    Local sports headline writers must be praying for us to get both.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Reminds me of the days when we had Declan John and Mark Kennedy plying their trade with us..

I'm too highbrow (or maybe lowbrow!) to have noticed that .

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Tell the tw@ts to feck off.

I don't think a pun on Woodrow Wilson would land with a significant majority of WOL readers.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't think a pun on Woodrow Wilson would land with a significant majority of WOL readers.
    The headline where Leighton James and John Buchanan scored in the 3-3 Cardiff - Swansea classic never resonated so once bitten twice shy perhaps!

Derby now favourites! Edging ahead in the 'frantic speculation' 2 horse race....

https://readliverpoolfc.com/2020/10/...as-favourites/

Zzzzzzzzz !

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    John Percy at the Telegraph is saying we are in for him. He's about as reputable as it gets. Derby, Forest and the Jacks are in the chase.
    And now our friends down west look like they have succeeded with a season long loan deal.
    They clearly have quite an edge on us with premier relationships.
    Supposed to be skint but doing far better deals than us

Reportedly, Liverpool have rejected Swansea's loan offer for Wilson.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-loan-19104396

Back in the 1930's we had Ronan Keating in our team !

Quote Originally Posted by BINGE THINKING View Post
    Back in the 1930's we had Ronan Keating in our team !

.........and Reg Keating was a singer with Boyzone

If Harris/Dalman etc can't get this done, they need to take a long, hard look in the mirror.

If Harris/Dalman etc can't get this done, they need to take a long, hard look in the mirror.
    I don't think Harris has much of a say in these matters.

It all comes down to the money we are willing to pay and Liverpool expect, which Harris has limited involvement

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I don't think Harris has much of a say in these matters.

It all comes down to the money we are willing to pay and Liverpool expect, which Harris has limited involvement
    I'm sure Harris has to make certain assurances about his development and how he will be played. The financial side has to be settled and Harris has to sell it to the player and the coaches.

Would really like to see the club go all out to bring Wilson here.

Scored freely when at Derby and I think he'd be a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Would really like to see the club go all out to bring Wilson here.

Scored freely when at Derby and I think he'd be a good fit.

We got more chance of getting Harold Wilson