+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: PRESTON NE 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: PRESTON NE v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    I'm delighted were winning, frustrated at our inability to create anything through our midfield, the football we play is awful.
    After 25 minutes or so we rarely put a sequence of passes together. Our squad/team is built to defend first and foremost, and I do struggle to work out where Wilson fits into this team. I would like to think Harris is going to get City to play the ball to feet - into spaces - a lot more, but we have a significant number of players who find passing the ball accurately rather difficult. A good win though, and maybe against Bournemouth on Wednesday we'll see City get a bit more time and space..

Re: PRESTON NE v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    After 25 minutes or so we rarely put a sequence of passes together. Our squad/team is built to defend first and foremost, and I do struggle to work out where Wilson fits into this team. I would like to think Harris is going to get City to play the ball to feet - into spaces - a lot more, but we have a significant number of players who find passing the ball accurately rather difficult. A good win though, and maybe against Bournemouth on Wednesday we'll see City get a bit more time and space..
    I agree with you. I know this might sound extremely harsh on Nelson, but I'd bring in Benkovic. We defend by throwing bodies/limbs in the way but very little in the way of measured passing from the back, Benkovic would give us that. Hopefully, he would be that link to Wilson and then, well.....