+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: PRESTON NE 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: PRESTON NE v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Has Jordan Orbita got a club? Decent player who can play left back and on the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    How on earth can you be this angry when the team you support is deservedly winning an away game?
    Because it's not just this game, it's a common theme with our midfield. We've got a very capable striker in Moore, but we don't thread through any intelligent balls for him.

How on earth can you be this angry when the team you support is deservedly winning an away game?
    I'm delighted were winning, frustrated at our inability to create anything through our midfield, the football we play is awful.

Some people aren't happy unless we win 4-0 every game.

Morrison MOTM and rightly deserved. Defence has been excellent today

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Because it's not just this game, it's a common theme with our midfield. We've got a very capable striker in Moore, but we don't thread through any intelligent balls for him.
    Yeh we should just do that then.

I thought we’d played some nice stuff. Just miss a little bit of dynamism in the number 10 role which Wilson and Tomlin can add.

Re: FT: PRESTON NE 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Great win

Wilson is going to be amazing. I definitely noticed a different when he came on. Seemed to lift up those around him too. Hopefully the injuries aren't too bad.

All's well that ends well. Good 3 points.

Yeh we should just do that then.
    Not just that, but it would be a help.

Back to back wins at Deepdale? 2020 really is strange

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    I'm delighted were winning, frustrated at our inability to create anything through our midfield, the football we play is awful.
    The football for our winner was wonderful, paralysed Preston, brilliant break from defence, intelligent play with and without the ball by Moore and a superb finish.

Similar to the forest match, get in front and then happy to defend. If it works I'm ultimately happy but would like to see us have a little bit more control, a bit more composure and there were some decent opportunities to get in that we just aren't able to even threaten to do anything with.

Great away form, hopefully we can find a full bck somewhere.

Take that! Make shift defence and we were very comfortable. Morrison is the best centre half outside the top flight. Agree that Tutu haven’t put a foot wrong, really good signing. About time Ojo delivered. Hopefully we can build on this. Cant wait to see Tomlin Wilson and Moore start together.

Very good defensively, Morrison had an excellent match and Nelson was much improved from his last performance too. Tutu is looking very good, hope he’s not injured as we have no cover there. Moore is looking good up front, shame we didn’t actually pass at all to Wilson in the time he was on the pitch!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The football for our winner was wonderful, paralysed Preston, brilliant break from defence, intelligent play with and without the ball by Moore and a superb finish.
    It was nice. But it was only about 6 seconds of the game.

After 25 minutes or so we rarely put a sequence of passes together. Our squad/team is built to defend first and foremost, and I do struggle to work out where Wilson fits into this team. I would like to think Harris is going to get City to play the ball to feet - into spaces - a lot more, but we have a significant number of players who find passing the ball accurately rather difficult. A good win though, and maybe against Bournemouth on Wednesday we'll see City get a bit more time and space..

Looking at playback of the goal, see how fast Wilson is down the left, he has to check his stride so he doesn't stray offside. Very brave and strong header by Ralls btw.

Great 3 points.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    After 25 minutes or so we rarely put a sequence of passes together. Our squad/team is built to defend first and foremost, and I do struggle to work out where Wilson fits into this team. I would like to think Harris is going to get City to play the ball to feet - into spaces - a lot more, but we have a significant number of players who find passing the ball accurately rather difficult. A good win though, and maybe against Bournemouth on Wednesday we'll see City get a bit more time and space..
    I agree with you. I know this might sound extremely harsh on Nelson, but I'd bring in Benkovic. We defend by throwing bodies/limbs in the way but very little in the way of measured passing from the back, Benkovic would give us that. Hopefully, he would be that link to Wilson and then, well.....

Yes it was a brave header by Ralls to start the move

Bamba is completely over the hill. He's a liability any time the ball goes near him.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Yes it was a brave header by Ralls to start the move
    Agreed. Ralls, Moore, Ojo and Wilson can all be happy with their contributions to that goal.

We're becoming a bit good at away games under Harris, it seems to suit our style of play. Hoilett was a bit quiet but everyone else did really well. Vaulks and Bamba not on long enough to be included in that.

Morrison was fantastic today yet a few days ago some people wanted to sell him. Bizarre!

I quite agree and yet people say that we play MORE football now than under Warnock....🤷*♂️

It was a functional win which I’m sure that we are all very pleased with. That doesn’t mean that you/one can’t still be objective.

I think the television cameras briefly showed Joel Bagan sat in the stand behind the dugouts just after the final whistle. I'm surprised that he wasn't on the bench instead of one of the centre-backs.