+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: When 'taking the knee' has a whole new connotation (but I'll be damned if I will!)....

When 'taking the knee' has a whole new connotation (but I'll be damned if I will!)....

Some may know that I investigate and research family history.
    I am at present looking into the ancestry of a poster on this forum, who shall be nameless - for obvious reasons.
    Much as I'm trying to debunk the facts (also, for obvious reasons), it appears that he is connected to Knights of Radyr according to Glamorganshire Pedigrees.
    He is descended from Sir William Mathew of Radyr (1500 - 1558). Sir William's great-grandfather was Sir David Mathew, whose fourth son founded the Radyr branch of his family. He had been standard-bearer to Edward IV, and his father fought for Henry VII at Bosworth and was knighted on the field.
    I fear that the poster will become even more insufferable (it's not dml) and will demand that we all take the knee - on pain of being incarcerated in the family dungeons.

Re: When 'taking the knee' has a whole new connotation (but I'll be damned if I will!)....

The only interest I ever had in 'taking the knee ' was when I was involved in parks football

Re: When 'taking the knee' has a whole new connotation (but I'll be damned if I will!)....

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Some may know that I investigate and research family history.
    I am at present looking into the ancestry of a poster on this forum, who shall be nameless - for obvious reasons.
    Much as I'm trying to debunk the facts (also, for obvious reasons), it appears that he is connected to Knights of Radyr according to Glamorganshire Pedigrees.
    He is descended from Sir William Mathew of Radyr (1500 - 1558). Sir William's great-grandfather was Sir David Mathew, whose fourth son founded the Radyr branch of his family. He had been standard-bearer to Edward IV, and his father fought for Henry VII at Bosworth and was knighted on the field.
    I fear that the poster will become even more insufferable (it's not dml) and will demand that we all take the knee - on pain of being incarcerated in the family dungeons.
    MR MORRIS or TLG

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    MR MORRIS or TLG
    Not me. Unless Cyclops has access to Indian, Russian and Polish records, he'd have absolutely no chance of tracing my family history.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Not me. Unless Cyclops has access to Indian, Russian and Polish records, he'd have absolutely no chance of tracing my family history.
    Which international team would you have picked Dave, if your footballing talents were recognised?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The only interest I ever had in 'taking the knee ' was when I was involved in parks football
    why were you taking a knee when you were involved in parks football?

It could be me! Cyclops is doing a bit of unravelling for me on my mothers side, fascinating stuff. It's been very positive, unlike my fathers side who were a gang of no good bastards. If it is me then j'll not be surprised, i've always had that aura..... God only knows how he does it!

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Sounds very suspect.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Taking a knee ......in the hollow perhaps

But what a family tree to try to trace.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Which international team would you have picked Dave, if your footballing talents were recognised?
    I have seen him try to kick a football

He has no talent whatsoever in that area

Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    But what a family tree to try to trace.
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Nothing
    I saw a picture of him the other day from his younger days, he looked like Nathan from Brother Beyond.

Wasn't my knee, and my timing was very bad.

Never met except on here Dave but I have seen photo's

I thought Putin looked familiar..........

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Nothing
    Good with spiders I understand

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Wasn't my knee, and my timing was very bad.
    You're making us work for the punchline.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I saw a picture of him the other day from his younger days, he looked like Nathan from Brother Beyond.
    its not good

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Good with spiders I understand
    if locking away dangerous animals in a loft and feeding them mice is a talent then I need to sort my life out