+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ken Zohore to Millwall confirmed

Ken Zohore to Millwall confirmed

no message ... other than he'll score against us!

Re: Ken Zohore to Millwall confirmed

Give it a month and nobody will like him down there!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    no message ... other than he'll score against us!
    I reckon Aden Flint is more likely to score against us and he can't play as it's a loan

What a strange history he has , lad is talented ,what has happened to him?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    What a strange history he has , lad is talented ,what has happened to him?
    Some players just dont want it enough.

If Callum Patterson had Zohores attitude hed be playing Sunday League.

Vice Versa and Ken would be a top half PL player.

I think he will do well for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Some players just dont want it enough.

If Callum Patterson had Zohores attitude hed be playing Sunday League.

Vice Versa and Ken would be a top half PL player.
    yes and that's been the case over the years those with the a lack of natural talent make up for it with extra commitment and effort, then others with the silky skilks earn more and commit less , high guaranteed wages paid to them is also the issue .

He had that run of games where he scored something like 12 goals in a similar number of games (was it just after Warnock arrived?) and was absolute fantastic.

But seemingly reverted to type after that.

So there is a player in there but only a very specific type of man manager can seemingly get him to realise his potential and even then, not for long.

Still, we somehow got £8m for him!

I hope that he does well. Just not against us.

I liked Zohore never looked like a natural footballer but had all the physical attributes to do well. I don't think it was his attitude, he used to close down but seemed to everything wrong didn't consider angles or when to do it.

Zohore scored 2 goals in 17 Championship appearances for Millwall this season. They sent him back to West Brom before the last game, where he still has 2 years left on his contract. That spell he had of scoring goals for us under Warnock seems like a long time ago.

We’re looking for a striker, would anyone be happy to see him come back here on loan next season? Would Mick McCarthy be able to have a similar effect on him as Neil Warnock did for a while? At one time, I would have had welcomed that sort of move, but not now.

When we beat Villa 3-0 he was unplayable that afternoon.
    The Villa fans I spoke to after the game couldn't believe he only cost 1 million

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    When we beat Villa 3-0 he was unplayable that afternoon.
    The Villa fans I spoke to after the game couldn't believe he only cost 1 million
    The shame was that he never replicated that form in the Premier League. I recall Warnock saying how much hope he'd pinned on Zohore delivering the goods, which is why he never bought a recognised striker, but was fed up with how poorly Zohore did in the PL.

QUOTE=Eric the Half a Bee;5190729]The shame was that he never replicated that form in the Premier League. I recall Warnock saying how much hope he'd pinned on Zohore delivering the goods, which is why he never bought a recognised striker, but was fed up with how poorly Zohore did in the PL.[/QUOTE]

His Premiership peak was that scuffed winner at St Mary’s and mouthing ‘I’m Back’ to us lot going mad behind the goals. An enigma if ever there was one.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    QUOTE=Eric the Half a Bee;5190729]The shame was that he never replicated that form in the Premier League. I recall Warnock saying how much hope he'd pinned on Zohore delivering the goods, which is why he never bought a recognised striker, but was fed up with how poorly Zohore did in the PL.

His Premiership peak was that scuffed winner at St Mary’s and mouthing ‘I’m Back’ to us lot going mad behind the goals. An enigma if ever there was one.[/QUOTE]

His legacy is that a Scottish right back became a better PL striker than him.