+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jordan Pickford

Re: Jordan Pickford

Good to see Jordan Pickford 'Taking the Knee' as Black Lives Matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Fast forward to the disallowed goal.

Am I correct that neither the linesman, referee or indeed the Everton players thought it was offside?

If so, then VAR (Mr Coote) should not have used inconclusive video evidence to judge that there was an offside.

VAR is there to alter a match official's judgement if there has been a clear and obvious error.

Back to the Pickford incident ... perhaps Mr Coote could see no clear intent to injure an opponent, just a goalkeeper attempting to block a potential goal threat by making himself as large as possible. The fact that he collided with Van Dyke and caused injury could have been seen as accidental. Viewing replays it appears that Pickford immediately apologies when he realises he has collided with Van Dyke.

Liverpool FC, fans and the media saying that Van Dyke could be out for the rest of the season cannot use the fact that Pickford stayed on the pitch as a reason for them not to challenge for the title again.
    I suspect he was more likely telling him to get up and that if he’d really tried he’d have snapped his leg

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Fast forward to the disallowed goal.

Am I correct that neither the linesman, referee or indeed the Everton players thought it was offside?

If so, then VAR (Mr Coote) should not have used inconclusive video evidence to judge that there was an offside.

VAR is there to alter a match official's judgement if there has been a clear and obvious error.

Back to the Pickford incident ... perhaps Mr Coote could see no clear intent to injure an opponent, just a goalkeeper attempting to block a potential goal threat by making himself as large as possible. The fact that he collided with Van Dyke and caused injury could have been seen as accidental. Viewing replays it appears that Pickford immediately apologies when he realises he has collided with Van Dyke.

Liverpool FC, fans and the media saying that Van Dyke could be out for the rest of the season cannot use the fact that Pickford stayed on the pitch as a reason for them not to challenge for the title again.
    I don't think we'll know what the linesman thought as they're told not to flag until the passage of play is over.

I can't believe Pickford is getting away with this because the ref and VAR didn't miss the incident. WTF?

He made reckless and illegal challenge, a player is out for the season because of it, but it's OK because the ref and VAR looked at it and incorrectly decided it wasn't a foul because a player was offside? So next time a player is offside, punch him in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Good to see Jordan Pickford 'Taking the Knee' as Black Lives Matter.
    Thats real knee taking

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-on-merseyside

starring role in this week's David squires cartoon

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...-on-merseyside

starring role in this week's David squires cartoon
    Love his work. Sometimes I find myself daydreaming wishing I was him (Squires, not Pickford!).

Forget Covid.

Surely an injustice to Liverpool should be looked at. Im expecting Parliamentary questions.

Protest march from Anfield to number 10.

Give them the 2 points ban Pickford and Richarlison and give Liverpool special permission to sign a replacement. The PL can give them the funds.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Forget Covid.

Surely an injustice to Liverpool should be looked at. Im expecting Parliamentary questions.

Protest march from Anfield to number 10.

Give them the 2 points ban Pickford and Richarlison and give Liverpool special permission to sign a replacement. The PL can give them the funds.
    Richarlison will have a 3 match ban anyway... But the rest sounds fair

Only saw that VAR decision this morning, absolutely ****ing ridiculous. Along with Covid, it'll be the death of football for me. No interest anymore whatsoever, the entertainment value and passion is being sucked out of the game. Absolute disgrace