+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 35

Thread: Jordan Pickford

  1. #1

    Jordan Pickford

    How is that not a red card ???

    So if the player is offside you can take them out ... no repercussions!!!!!

  2. #2

    Re: Jordan Pickford

    All the explanations so far have been baffling. If players can get retroactive bans, why can't they get retroactive red cards at half time?

  3. #3

    Re: Jordan Pickford

    The analyst on SSN just said he's having a great game. At the same time I was reading the bbc text commentary which said he's Everton's weak link.

  4. #4

  5. #5

    Re: Jordan Pickford

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The analyst on SSN just said he's having a great game. At the same time I was reading the bbc text commentary which said he's Everton's weak link.
    He made some great saves, but should have been off early in the game for his challenge on Van Dijk

  6. #6

    Re: Jordan Pickford

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The analyst on SSN just said he's having a great game. At the same time I was reading the bbc text commentary which said he's Everton's weak link.
    He made a least two game-saving saves. But is still mistake-prone.

  7. #7
    International City123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    5,545

    Re: Jordan Pickford

    Good shot stopper and distribution. Pretty shit at everything else though, as soon as he has to make a decision its about 50/50 whether he'll make a good or bad one

  8. #8

    Re: Jordan Pickford

    Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Scumbag
    Why?

    Havent seen it?

  9. #9

    Re: Jordan Pickford

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Why?

    Havent seen it?
    Really? A current day Joe Hart but with a nasty streak. Watch him.. in my opinion the way he slides after he has the ball in his hand or the way in which he pushes a straight leg out in front of him when he’s making a catch will injure someone. I don’t know if VVD will be out for a while or not but Pickford is always a moment away from inflicting a serious injury on someone.

  10. #10

    Re: Jordan Pickford

    Unconfirmed reports mentioned during the Man City/Arsenal commentary that VVD has suffered an ACL tear and will be out for 8 months.

  11. #11

    Re: Jordan Pickford

    Seems Liverpool were net receipters of VAR last year , this year not going so well .

  12. #12

    Re: Jordan Pickford

    absolutely horrendous tackle

  13. #13

    Re: Jordan Pickford

    If they do make changes so that goal-keepers follow through can be looked at as a foul then you might as well call it 'the Pickford rule' - he did it, foul with his follow through rather than injure a player with his follow through, in the world cup as well.

    I don't think it is a nasty streak though. It's desperation to make the save and bad decision making.

  14. #14
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    10,424

  15. #15

    Re: Jordan Pickford

    Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    If they do make changes so that goal-keepers follow through can be looked at as a foul then you might as well call it 'the Pickford rule' - he did it, foul with his follow through rather than injure a player with his follow through, in the world cup as well.

    I don't think it is a nasty streak though. It's desperation to make the save and bad decision making.
    I think it’s a nasty streak. It may not be his intent to injure but if that’s a consequence of his actions then ‘so be it’ in his mind, is my take.

  16. #16

    Re: Jordan Pickford

    Just watched the incident and Pickford knew exactly what he was doing.
    Agree with above, try for the ball and getting the man is a bonus.
    He has a nasty streak in him.

    If that happened involving two outfield players then it would have been a straight red plus a lengthy ban.

    Generally keepers get a smooth ride these days from referees, you cannot touch them.
    I see that changing from now on and expect to see more penalised.

    Regarding Liverpool's dominance in the last 18 months to 2 years, it will be severely tested.
    They have been lucky not to have any major injuries up til now and teams will take heart from VVD's absence.

  17. #17

    Re: Jordan Pickford

    I’m sorry but he he does it far too often not for it to be a nasty streak.

  18. #18

    Re: Jordan Pickford

    Confirmed Van Dijk has blown an ACL. Months and months out.

    Pickford will be available for Everton's next game with no repercussions.

    I hope his conscience is ****ed though as his 'tackle' was out of order

  19. #19

    Re: Jordan Pickford

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Confirmed Van Dijk has blown an ACL. Months and months out.

    Pickford will be available for Everton's next game with no repercussions.

    I hope his conscience is ****ed though as his 'tackle' was out of order
    Living in the same city may be a bit tricky as I can’t imagine Liverpool fans being happy tonight !

  20. #20

    Re: Jordan Pickford

    Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Living in the same city may be a bit tricky as I can’t imagine Liverpool fans being happy tonight !
    yep I hope no brainless Liverpool fans decide to seek retribution

  21. #21

    Re: Jordan Pickford

    How has Souness got a job on Sky??

  22. #22

    Re: Jordan Pickford

    If the following is the case then Michael Oliver should be suspended.

    Confusion over potential punishment
    Initially there was confusion over how the Pickford challenge had been assessed.

    There was a theory no action could be taken because of the offside decision. However, while that would have prevented a penalty being awarded, it would not have stopped Pickford being shown a red card.

    Evidently, neither Oliver nor the VAR saw fit to impose such a punishment.

    VAR can only intervene for offences they deem to be worthy of a red card. If, for instance, they felt Pickford had made a genuine attempt to play the ball - and Oliver had not seen the incident at all - it would only have been a yellow card.

    However, they could also have asked Oliver to view the incident again on the pitch-side monitor.

  23. #23
    First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    English side of the Bridge
    Posts
    1,271

    Re: Jordan Pickford

    Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    If the following is the case then Michael Oliver should be suspended.

    Confusion over potential punishment
    Initially there was confusion over how the Pickford challenge had been assessed.

    There was a theory no action could be taken because of the offside decision. However, while that would have prevented a penalty being awarded, it would not have stopped Pickford being shown a red card.

    Evidently, neither Oliver nor the VAR saw fit to impose such a punishment.

    VAR can only intervene for offences they deem to be worthy of a red card. If, for instance, they felt Pickford had made a genuine attempt to play the ball - and Oliver had not seen the incident at all - it would only have been a yellow card.

    However, they could also have asked Oliver to view the incident again on the pitch-side monitor.
    Fast forward to the disallowed goal.

    Am I correct that neither the linesman, referee or indeed the Everton players thought it was offside?

    If so, then VAR (Mr Coote) should not have used inconclusive video evidence to judge that there was an offside.

    VAR is there to alter a match official's judgement if there has been a clear and obvious error.

    Back to the Pickford incident ... perhaps Mr Coote could see no clear intent to injure an opponent, just a goalkeeper attempting to block a potential goal threat by making himself as large as possible. The fact that he collided with Van Dyke and caused injury could have been seen as accidental. Viewing replays it appears that Pickford immediately apologies when he realises he has collided with Van Dyke.

    Liverpool FC, fans and the media saying that Van Dyke could be out for the rest of the season cannot use the fact that Pickford stayed on the pitch as a reason for them not to challenge for the title again.

  24. #24

    Re: Jordan Pickford

    Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    If they do make changes so that goal-keepers follow through can be looked at as a foul then you might as well call it 'the Pickford rule' - he did it, foul with his follow through rather than injure a player with his follow through, in the world cup as well.

    I don't think it is a nasty streak though. It's desperation to make the save and bad decision making.
    Yep I agree its not a nasty streak , yes its a clumsy badly timed challenge ,however its brave as the defender in question is a big unit .
    Week in and out defenders like Virgil execute the same brave and rash challenge which carry the same risks , when two players collide Injury is in the lap of the gods . I wonder how many forwards have been injured by Virgil's challenges and tackles ?

    I'm sure Pickford has been on the receiving end many times as it is a physical contact sport .

    Hey I'm guessing if its was any other defender the news story would not be so newsworthy .an I guess if it was say a Smithies tackle on a Fulham striker, that stopped them scoring in the last minute of a game allowing us to get promoted we'd be cheering from the rafters .

    I loved them one on one tackles when I was playing .

  25. #25

    Re: Jordan Pickford

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yep I agree its not a nasty streak , yes its a clumsy badly timed challenge ,however its brave as the defender in question is a big unit .
    Week in and out defenders like Virgil execute the same brave and rash challenge which carry the same risks , when two players collide Injury is in the lap of the gods . I wonder how many forwards have been injured by Virgil's challenges and tackles ?

    I'm sure Pickford has been on the receiving end many times as it is a physical contact sport .

    Hey I'm guessing if its was any other defender the news story would not be so newsworthy .an I guess if it was say a Smithies tackle on a Fulham striker, that stopped them scoring in the last minute of a game allowing us to get promoted we'd be cheering from the rafters .

    I loved them one on one tackles when I was playing .
    Wow. I think you meant to make this post on here: https://www.redcafe.net/

  26. #26

    Re: Jordan Pickford

    Good to see Jordan Pickford 'Taking the Knee' as Black Lives Matter.

  27. #27

    Re: Jordan Pickford

    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Fast forward to the disallowed goal.

    Am I correct that neither the linesman, referee or indeed the Everton players thought it was offside?

    If so, then VAR (Mr Coote) should not have used inconclusive video evidence to judge that there was an offside.

    VAR is there to alter a match official's judgement if there has been a clear and obvious error.

    Back to the Pickford incident ... perhaps Mr Coote could see no clear intent to injure an opponent, just a goalkeeper attempting to block a potential goal threat by making himself as large as possible. The fact that he collided with Van Dyke and caused injury could have been seen as accidental. Viewing replays it appears that Pickford immediately apologies when he realises he has collided with Van Dyke.

    Liverpool FC, fans and the media saying that Van Dyke could be out for the rest of the season cannot use the fact that Pickford stayed on the pitch as a reason for them not to challenge for the title again.
    I suspect he was more likely telling him to get up and that if he’d really tried he’d have snapped his leg

  28. #28

    Re: Jordan Pickford

    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Fast forward to the disallowed goal.

    Am I correct that neither the linesman, referee or indeed the Everton players thought it was offside?

    If so, then VAR (Mr Coote) should not have used inconclusive video evidence to judge that there was an offside.

    VAR is there to alter a match official's judgement if there has been a clear and obvious error.

    Back to the Pickford incident ... perhaps Mr Coote could see no clear intent to injure an opponent, just a goalkeeper attempting to block a potential goal threat by making himself as large as possible. The fact that he collided with Van Dyke and caused injury could have been seen as accidental. Viewing replays it appears that Pickford immediately apologies when he realises he has collided with Van Dyke.

    Liverpool FC, fans and the media saying that Van Dyke could be out for the rest of the season cannot use the fact that Pickford stayed on the pitch as a reason for them not to challenge for the title again.
    I don't think we'll know what the linesman thought as they're told not to flag until the passage of play is over.

  29. #29

    Re: Jordan Pickford

    I can't believe Pickford is getting away with this because the ref and VAR didn't miss the incident. WTF?

    He made reckless and illegal challenge, a player is out for the season because of it, but it's OK because the ref and VAR looked at it and incorrectly decided it wasn't a foul because a player was offside? So next time a player is offside, punch him in the face.

  30. #30

    Re: Jordan Pickford

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Good to see Jordan Pickford 'Taking the Knee' as Black Lives Matter.
    Thats real knee taking

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •