+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jordan Pickford

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Jordan Pickford

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    If they do make changes so that goal-keepers follow through can be looked at as a foul then you might as well call it 'the Pickford rule' - he did it, foul with his follow through rather than injure a player with his follow through, in the world cup as well.

I don't think it is a nasty streak though. It's desperation to make the save and bad decision making.
    Yep I agree its not a nasty streak , yes its a clumsy badly timed challenge ,however its brave as the defender in question is a big unit .
    Week in and out defenders like Virgil execute the same brave and rash challenge which carry the same risks , when two players collide Injury is in the lap of the gods . I wonder how many forwards have been injured by Virgil's challenges and tackles ?

I'm sure Pickford has been on the receiving end many times as it is a physical contact sport .

Hey I'm guessing if its was any other defender the news story would not be so newsworthy .an I guess if it was say a Smithies tackle on a Fulham striker, that stopped them scoring in the last minute of a game allowing us to get promoted we'd be cheering from the rafters .

I loved them one on one tackles when I was playing .

Heisenberg

Re: Jordan Pickford

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yep I agree its not a nasty streak , yes its a clumsy badly timed challenge ,however its brave as the defender in question is a big unit .
    Week in and out defenders like Virgil execute the same brave and rash challenge which carry the same risks , when two players collide Injury is in the lap of the gods . I wonder how many forwards have been injured by Virgil's challenges and tackles ?

I'm sure Pickford has been on the receiving end many times as it is a physical contact sport .

Hey I'm guessing if its was any other defender the news story would not be so newsworthy .an I guess if it was say a Smithies tackle on a Fulham striker, that stopped them scoring in the last minute of a game allowing us to get promoted we'd be cheering from the rafters .

I loved them one on one tackles when I was playing .
    Wow. I think you meant to make this post on here: https://www.redcafe.net/